We expect the API will expand over time as developers start using it. Feel free to post API requests!
Examples of some API requests:
- Missing actions that you would like bots to do.
- Missing queries that you need.
- Utility functions, commonly-used functions, or slow functions that would be better implemented on the C++ side.
I want bots that can buy sentry wards... That's how you request stuff right?
Originally Posted by Gandalf
Originally Posted by Russian player
When everyone is on low hp and you're Zeus with scepter
Originally Posted by Pinoy Player
This is fantastic ChrisC, I hope this is really the beginning of a beautiful relationship. I know lots of modders who are very interested in Bots. Would you be willing to join our developer chatroom that has all major mod developers in it? They would be so excited to actually have a valve developer in their midsts.
Add new bot will be good This game have 2 year for nothing bot add every patch
This is awesome!
It looks like the bot example is included in the test client is broken. It spams the log, but never actually picks any heroes. What's wrong?
Not necessarily super important, but adding "IgnoreDifficulty()" could be a good addition for custom bots as the preset difficulties come with a bunch of gimping and cheating additions that might make creating balanced/enjoyable bots a bit harder.
I.e., if I understood correctly that difficulty selections will override custom bot behavior/actions (mentioned in "Complete takeover" part).
Missing actions that you would like bots to do:
1. Hit and run: cancel attacking animation after attack is finished)
2. Stop/cancel skill casting(tide hunter ultra, axe roar) when condition change during animation
+1 on this. Maybe this can be done, I have not dived into the available API yet.
Originally Posted by lunarbreez
If there is the option to perform an action X milliseconds after the last one, you could do:
But not sure if this is a possibility right now.
Also not sure of the synchronicity of calls.
i.e. the next instruction after CastAbility(0, target) would be ran after the cast animation ended?
- DISCLAMER: Not familiar with the actual API, hence the pseudocode I used.
I would love to see more mechanics in the API. For now most of the stuff seems related to the bigger picture, the team work, etc.
But I would love to have, for example:
* Being able to wait a specific amount of milliseconds after the last action *started* and then cancel it.
* Being able to target a point IN FRONT of my target enemy, i.e. target a point in front of the enemy nearby hero, towards the direction he is facing, X units away from him. Extremely useful for many aoe skills that require trajectory prediction. Also, the option to deviate this by a certain angle (useful for when enemies usually dodge your aoe skills).
edit: For clarity, this would be similar to an extrapolation of GetUnitPotentialValue() into the future.
Last edited by trevorflux2; 12-11-2016 at 05:40 PM.