Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Overriding a single bot's generic behaviour

I have a few students who try out different stuff, and I've been contacted by people who use the framework for e.g. deep learning. But the point of my project is that you can use whatever you like and whatever technology you like.

The main challenge with Dota2 however is that it (1) does not provide you with a forward model ("simulate the outcome given certain actions") and (2) doesn't allow you to run the game without graphics nor speed up the game clock.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    I have a few students who try out different stuff, and I've been contacted by people who use the framework for e.g. deep learning. But the point of my project is that you can use whatever you like and whatever technology you like.

The main challenge with Dota2 however is that it (1) does not provide you with a forward model ("simulate the outcome given certain actions") and (2) doesn't allow you to run the game without graphics nor speed up the game clock.
    You can speed up the game clock for training purposes

sv_cheats 1
    host_timescale 10.0

Hmm, I should try that

I havent asked for this as was waiting to try and have code-examples of where current implementation was awkward, and have a solid suggestion of what structure should look like.
    But I definitely see something along these lines need changing in the future.

for now, I think can just not use these files. only use generic mode and have a switch/if-else block in it for what role bot is
    https://github.com/ThePianoDentist/t...dentistdotabot Lina bot which pulls small camp when 'laning' (Aim to work on pulling and stacking bots initially)
    https://github.com/ThePianoDentist/dotabots-ml-tools Parsing data from bot games