Ah ok, thanks for the reply. I did yours vs default on dire (unfair both), yours lost sadly against Luna, Wraith King, Bane, Tiny and Juggernaut. I noticed also they kept spamming a specific text like "Killing them softly with my song" and sometimes going back and forth in a tower. They died a lot, but did almost comeback, however sadly, dire had already pushed mid and then started on the other lanes; the radiant bots were also over-confident, but I guess real; Bloodseeker was 1v1ing Bane and Juggernaut came in to help, but Bane started to retreat and Bloodseeker activated his 'Q' and just as he almost got an autoattack in to kill Bane, Bane used his 'W' and killed him sadly (probably due to Juggernaut wiping his health with his 'Q').
Originally Posted by nostrademous
Yep, I realize the issues. I'm working on them as lane defense isn't really in yet, or ally defense or even team fighting really. They will be fixed in the future but I'm in the middle of some framework updates for now.
Originally Posted by DreadedGhoul575
I'm currently working on lane defense and stuff like that. There's a lot of dead code due to recent updates and missed tests though, so I can't tell when there will be results.
Originally Posted by nostrademous
hi nostrademous, just tested a game with your bots and i would like to point out some stuff i noticed.
*they stack a bunch of wards together (not sure if they placed them or not since i'm on the dire and they were on radiant)
*the risk their lives for runes
*they dive quite often for just one game
thanks for the work you have done and are doing, keep up the good job
Last edited by play4urlife; 03-11-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Thanks man. I did a few pushes last night (not sure when you pulled last update) that should have addressed tower diving for kills to a small degree (not completely) if the bots don't think they will survive. Also merged in new mode based code after some performance fixes (apparently dofile is an expensive non-caching operation).
Originally Posted by play4urlife
Still need Lane defense code, ally defense, Roshan and team assembly. Todo for the future.
After that implement another 10-20 heroes and transition to smart team composition.
that sounds great, i'll keep testing and keep you update with anything new
- finished porting to new mode-based system
- update hero-selection to be compatible with playing with humans on either team
- implemented the start of lane defense (thanks to a contributor)
- no more crashes due to illusion kills
- currently the following heroes are supported and picked randomly by the system:
mid: Invoker, Lina
safelane HC: Drow, PA
jungler: BS or LC
- I have not tested playing on Dire side still (but theoretically should work).
By the looks of Viper and CM, they're only for one team atm. Was about to ask until I noticed. Good job and all the best with this.
A bunch of changes committed recently:
- Spirit Breaker joined the ranks of "offlane" heroes and is charging around taking names
- Bots got smarter (they no longer dive under a tower to eat a tango just because the closest tree happened to be there)
- Bots learned not to be kited (I added a timeout to my UseAbility*() in case you happen to run away before they can cast... now they won't chase you forever to cast that one ability)
- Bots learned to kite (ranged bots anyways) when fighting enemies, although they still dumb at times... they only kite their "main" enemy... other enemies can still high-five them
- Bots learned to use some new items (Eul's, Blink - only defensively or for specific heroes for now)
- Bots learned to play on both sides of the map... they can be Dire now!
- Bots learned to manage their item purchases/sells much better... and carry TPs more often
Give it a go
03-21-2017, 12:52 PM
Bots getting stronger every day.