04-02-2017, 08:59 AM
Teleport visual bug seems to be a general problem with bots, not just with these.
Originally Posted by DreadedGhoul575
Originally Posted by biejis
04-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Ah ok, plus Luna's pet having it's fur pointing out one way. xD
Originally Posted by Karyoplasma
04-25-2017, 07:26 AM
Put the current state of the bots on Workshop (still lots of work left to do, but a lot of people wanted to see it there so they don't have to use the Github path to check them out).
04-27-2017, 11:51 PM
Out of curiosity, what does "killing (heroname) softly with my song" in chat mean?
I had a few games against it today, considering its from scratch its really impressive. Does a few things that other bots don't. I take it you haven't done logic for dealing with stealth units yet?
Awesome work though.
It a play on lyrics from a song from a bit ago. Really it is some leftover debug from when I was coding and drinking
Originally Posted by Riveon
I have begun the code for dealing with line-of-sight juking for the bots. It is a larger modification so will take a bit; however, when complete it should be easily extendable to logical hypotheses regarding stealth.
Originally Posted by relent0r
Also, a few things about myself so you guys understand why this takes a bit:
1) I am not a high-school or college student with a lot of free time. I am in my mid thirties, married, two younger kids.
2) I actually like my wife and kids; ergo, I like to do things and spend time with them.
3) I am a part owner and the Chief Operating Officer of a cyber-security company in the Washington DC area - this can sometimes require putting in 60 hr weeks when things get intense.
4) I actually enjoy playing Dota 2 (I hover around 4K MMR currently)
5) I like to be social and athletic - another time expenditure
With all of the above, it can be hard to find time for bot development. I am going as fast as I can, but, at the same time, looking for help from other contributors. I will get there on my own eventually no matter what, just might take a bit.
Final note - if you want to help, code, learn - I have no problem teaching (I used to be a teaching assistant for Sophomore engineering at a Univeristy at one point). Also, I did not know LUA prior to doing this. Don't let the fact that it is new or unfamiliar stop you in life. If you have a passion or active interest in something, it will take you a long way.