Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Dota 2 Bot Full-Overwrite Project

Basic Member
    Sniper has been added to the pool as a mid or safelane carry

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveon View Post
    Just had a match laning against Viper where he didn't seem to be in lane for the first 40 seconds. I wasn't sure whether to create an issue thread on the tracker since I haven't noticed it happening in any other match.
    By the way, do you know if it's possible to download replays of lobby matches? I'd be able to report issues a lot easier that way - it's hard to remember the details of bugs after the game is over.
    sometimes you get a replay available, sometimes you dont.
    if you play a game and get a replay, try posting the match no. and people can try download.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nostrademous View Post
    Regarding Viper, that would be a new one. You sure he wasn't messing with your head instead?
    Hmm, yeah I was hoping to get a replay for that match to double check what was happening so I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavimaya View Post
    sometimes you get a replay available, sometimes you dont.
    if you play a game and get a replay, try posting the match no. and people can try download.
    Strange, well I'll keep checking for replays in that case.

Edit: I found this solution on reddit which works for files that are saved
    I had a similar problem with bot only games i lobby, they sometimes don't save even if hosted on your pc, tou can go into the replay folder and sort by time if the last one is named something weird rename it to the match ID number, and you should be able to watch, but don't quit dota, you will be able to watch until you quit dota for the first time, then it is gone forever.....
    Last edited by Riveon; 05-09-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Basic Member
    is there anyway to replace the default bot with yours ? i just moved my house and i'm having no internet, wanted to play some games with your bot but i have to create a lobby or else it won't work

Basic Member
    Valve have removed two shrines in base and changed the shrine cooldown for the first five minutes - not sure if that will make a difference to your code or not.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveon View Post
    Valve have removed two shrines in base and changed the shrine cooldown for the first five minutes - not sure if that will make a difference to your code or not.
    The question is - did the API report the changes correctly. I check if shrines are "available" using their API - meaning the change should not affect me regarding the cooldown. I will have to remove the 2 extra shrines from code.

The changes to item recipes will affect me too. Will need to update many items.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by play4urlife View Post
    is there anyway to replace the default bot with yours ? i just moved my house and i'm having no internet, wanted to play some games with your bot but i have to create a lobby or else it won't work
    could someone answer to my question please ?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by play4urlife View Post
    could someone answer to my question please ?
    I do not think there is a way to do this without a Lobby.

Basic Member
    I do not think there is a way to do this without a Lobby.
    i understand

Basic Member
    Sniper has been added to the pool as a mid or safelane carry
    I've noticed Sniper seems to miss a lot more last hits during the laning phase than some of your other bots for some reason.
    Also do you plan to make midlaners harass more eventually? It would definitely strengthen their laning phase; at the moment it's easy to stay in lane against them.

FYI although the blink usage is a lot better I still had a match today where LC blinked into the enemy base when trying to retreat, so there's still some issues there.
    Last edited by Riveon; 05-19-2017 at 02:04 AM.