Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Bot Full-Overwrite Project

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadedGhoul575 View Post
    Your bots shit talk? Nice lol. Is it possible for them to select the other heroes you added? e.g. Venomancer.
    I implemented like 2 lines that print to AllChat() when I was testing something and the console was scrolling by too fast to see it.... never removed them I guess. So they say two things.. one of them being "Suck it" when they kill you and need to purge their targets from their global variable list.

Quote Originally Posted by nostrademous View Post
    I implemented like 2 lines that print to AllChat() when I was testing something and the console was scrolling by too fast to see it.... never removed them I guess. So they say two things.. one of them being "Suck it" when they kill you and need to purge their targets from their global variable list.
    Oh ok. Are you adding the other heroes so the AI plays them or is that WIP atm?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadedGhoul575 View Post
    Oh ok. Are you adding the other heroes so the AI plays them or is that WIP atm?
    They are WIP... I mean they play, but not very efficiently. Invoker seems to be broken this second as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nostrademous View Post
    They are WIP... I mean they play, but not very efficiently. Invoker seems to be broken this second as well.
    Oh ok. Well, looking forward to what's coming and all the best with this.

Basic Member
    New framework is in (in my personal branch, not pushed)... now just adding back team and hero functionality.

Laning is in
    Jungling is in
    Warding is in
    Grabbing Runes (now assigned at the team level) is in

Currently working on adding back hero-specific retreat back in...

Basic Member
    Retreat Code is in
    Shrine Use is in with code to track team-wide shrine desire (bots will wait for team-mate at shrine if other bots could use a heal) <-- this took longer than I anticipated as I had to deal with a lot of corner cases like:
    - bot heals up while on the way to shrine and no longer needs it (need to notify other team-mate(s) that might be waiting on him)
    - bot dies while on the way (need to notify team-mates)

Also, there was a bit of a head-ache for me when it comes to monitoring the action queue with respect to ability/channel/item use. I will start a separate thread on this topic.

Basic Member
    Pushed the new re-designed framework with many things working the way they were before the re-design plus a bunch of enhancements (team shrine use, better rune acquirement, we now move to high ground for last-hitting when appropriate, better pathing).

There are still bugs I'm sure but I'm happy with the result thus far.

One thing that can happen which I'm not sure how to solve right now is that a support hero can determine that she is in danger to dying to enemy heroes in the area if they perfectly overlap their stun abilities on her. Now this can happen even when she is at full health... so not sure what to do there... it's not like healing up will help her.

Valve Developer
    It's a scary world out there for supports.

Anti-Mage is feeding. Also, proper funny seeing them type stuff at you; would be cool if more games like Quake 3 Arena with bots talked.

Basic Member
    could you teach me how to add this bot script.. im newbie here... thanks for the help...