Thread: Bug I stumbled across while casting

Basic Member

Exclamation Bug I stumbled across while casting

Last night I was casting an amateur tournament Bo2, and while switching between net worth and XPM charts I accidentally hit F10, which brings up the menu that allows a caster to create a memo that shows on the right-hand side of the viewer's screen. This happened right as a fight started breaking out, so I hit F10 again. It didn't go away. I started hitting every button on my keyboard (and I mean EVERY button), and I couldn't get it to go away. I couldn't even fill the <Text Here> areas of the box. I was forced to reconnect to the game. This shouldn't exist Valve please fix.

TL;DR: you can bring up a menu that takes up half your screen and doesn't go away no matter how much you cry.

My dota2 profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thatioguy/

ID For the game I was casting if it matters: 2965286912

Basic Member
    I also ran into this while casting an amateur tournament Bo2.

The F10 hotkey is the default "Open Broadcaster Menu" hotkey. This menu allow casters to display the stats pop-ups you may have seen on some streams. However, the 7.00+ HUD mostly covers the "Cancel" and "OK" buttons. You may be able to click the edge of the buttons like I can, or you can type "dota_hud_hide_mainhud 1" into the console to temporarily hide the HUD so you can click one of the buttons. You can display the HUD again by typing "dota_hud_hide_mainhud 0" in the console.

While encountering this visual bug, I noticed that I cannot type into the text box of the Broadcaster Menu. I can successfully paste from the Windows clipboard, but I believe the intention is to be able to type in the text box.

Hope this helps other people.