Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Helm of Dominator is to weak now

Basic Member

Angry Helm of Dominator is to weak now

+4 All Attributes - Magic Wand - 465 Gold
    +4 All Attributes - Helm of Dominator - 1800 Gold

WTF?

Is this a joke? Attributes wasn't the only reason why it was strong or weak to begin with. HotD has a lot more function than just stats and the price maybe expensive but is still justified.

It still is a viable item even after that nerf; One Helm of the Dominator grants a total of 80 health, 8.12 health regeneration, 0.57 armor, 24 attack speed, 48 mana, 0.16 mana regeneration, 0.25% spell damage and 4 attack damage. Additionally grants ability to control creeps setting base health as 1400 and movement speed as 425. Also has a passive Aura granting attack speed and health regen. While One Magic Wand grants a total of 80 health, 0.12 health regeneration, 0.57 armor, 4 attack speed, 48 mana, 0.16 mana regeneration, 0.25% spell damage and 4 attack damage. Then, only having an active called Energy Charge that can only restore 225 max health and mana.

It's clear as day to me that HotD is still a better item than what you are comparing it to.
    Last edited by Xentrope; 02-16-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Basic Member
    ^ This.

This dude prolly didn't control a Centaur yet with that amazing stun is possess. Completely worth buying, but I feel since it builds into a Satanic, it should have 10-15% lifesteal. Still not a waste of money though.

Quote Originally Posted by noobster View Post
    since it builds into a Satanic, it should have 10-15% lifesteal.
    Err... no. It no longer builds into a Satanic after patch 7.00. HotD doesn't have a further upgrade to it anymore.

Satanic's new Recipe: Reaver, Morbid Mask, Mythril Hammer.

Basic Member
    Holy crap, I can't thank you enough for guiding me on that or else I would have screwed up a few games.

Turns out Satanic is no longer a friendly or easier build like it was back then... Now I gotta deal with that Morbid UAM instead of a functioning HotD. Grr

Basic Member
    ^ Lol. Dat's y u shd read patch notes and play the game before u post comments about it.

Basic Member
    I read it genius, I'm sorry my capacity isn't flawless like a supercomputer. Spare my soul! Lol.

Basic Member
    If you buy it just to get a centaur and stun it's better to get a skull basher that you can upgrade into abyssal. The controlled creep does absolutely no damage, it can't push a lane too. It basically gives 24 attack speed and 4 damages and an almost useless 10 attack speed aura and can't be upgraded. Even heroes with aura like Lycan will prefer Necronomicons over this, the controlled creep takes 20 seconds to kill IO. There is the Alpha Wolf for the damage increase but i would prefer going directly for damage items.
    Last edited by Linko; 03-07-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Basic Member
    It doesn't just have the creep steal ability, It has a unique 8 health regen AURA for such a small price. Yes, it gets annoying that you can't build it up. That's why it's good for supports.

Basic Member
    No a support should never get it but a Mekansm instead for the regen aura and heals for fight that you can upgrade in guardian greaves by combining their mana boot.
    Last edited by Linko; 03-08-2017 at 05:06 AM.