Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming changes to bot scripting

Wow, I love you Valve, thank you for all bots updates!
    Thank you IceFrog, Valve and Dota 2 team for everything you doing for Dota 2 community.

Another thing which I think is really important:
    If two different scripts are playing against each other, run them on different threads (or servers), since some of the current scripts are slow and should not affect the enemy's script. I'm not sure how it works now.

Basic Member
    Thanks for your update!

Basic Member
    I prefer to write bot scripts rather than playing dota after this update
    thanks Chris

Basic Member
    This is really awesome!

Basic Member
    Great news! I think so my bot game with my friends will stop freezing a little.

Had a year in DotA 2 that I thought the Bots' schedule had been closed. There were rumors that Valve had abandoned because he was already good the way he was. I am happy to see that it was not true and that to this day the Bots are still being implemented. I really enjoy offline matches VS bots as much as online with friends and I'm thinking of starting programming thanks to this. God bless Valve's programming team and contributing users as well!

Another thing:
    I think the bot vs bot matches should be on unfair difficulty, since they would be more fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    Another thing:
    I think the bot vs bot matches should be on unfair difficulty, since they would be more fun to watch.
    100%

Basic Member
    Great news. Cannot wait for this. I have been playing my ExtremePush bot with other bots and it was great fun.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor_stwr View Post
    Great news! I think so my bot game with my friends will stop freezing a little.

Had a year in DotA 2 that I thought the Bots' schedule had been closed. There were rumors that Valve had abandoned because he was already good the way he was. I am happy to see that it was not true and that to this day the Bots are still being implemented. I really enjoy offline matches VS bots as much as online with friends and I'm thinking of starting programming thanks to this. God bless Valve's programming team and contributing users as well!
    im glad that they decided to go this way too, ive played for about 4 years and cant remember a single bot being added or any bot improvements beyond build changes in that whole time.