Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Upcoming changes to bot scripting

Basic Member
    I already organized a bot tournament, it was very fun, I am looking forward to being able to organize the tournament easier, which I hope will happen soon, according to the post
    If you wanna check out the tournament that just finished yesterday, you can check it out here: SPOILER ALERT It will show who won in the beginning of the post, you can check out the start of the tournament HERE

Basic Member
    I guess I should finally check my bots into the workshop (even though I still have lots to do)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nostrademous View Post
    I guess I should finally check my bots into the workshop (even though I still have lots to do)
    Sounds good, will be a lot more convenient to use than downloading from the Github page. :P
    Last edited by Riveon; 04-25-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveon View Post
    Sounds good, will be a lot more convenient to use than downloading from the Github page. :P
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f.../?id=912978496

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    We've got a couple changes coming up that I wanted to make you guys aware of:

Dedicated Server support for bot scripts
    We're starting to roll out support for running bot scripts on our dedicated servers. Much like custom games, we'll probably be selecting a few scripts at first to test the system, and then well likely open it up to the most popular bot scripts. This enables us to do a few things:
    • Coop bot matches vs scripted bots. We're not exactly sure what this is going to look like, but we'd like to do a better job of exposing scripted bots to the segment of players that enjoy playing against (or with) bots. Some sort of integration into the play menu is likely.
    • Bot-vs-bot matches. We'd like to publicize (and make spectatable!) bot scripts playing against each other, possibly by having some sort of presence on the Watch tab. Lots of details to still be worked out, but we think it would be entertaining for customers to get a preview of the top bots in action. Possibility of something like bot script MMR?
    • Bots that cater to more specific audiences. Having the highest-skill bots is a fun challenge, but we'd like to showcase bots that do other things -- specific challenges (dealing with the super-push bots is a good example), or bots that are more tailored to teaching new players the game, rather than mercilessly defeating them.

Expanding Workshop support
    In the coming weeks we're going to move bot scripts to be more normal elements of the Dota Workshop. That means that scripts will have their own workshop page with images, videos, longer descriptions and update notes, comment sections, etc. You'll also be able to manage subscriptions from outside the game.

The goal with these changes are to better showcase your work, make sure players who are interested playing your bots can easily do so, and foster a development community of bot authors and their fans.
    Looking forward to this and possibly a learning bot team.