Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Using the Dota performance test

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdrewb-valve View Post
    autoexec is run automatically on startup so it may still be affecting things. Otherwise, you're creating a lobby and going into the advanced options and choosing "Local Host" as the server?
    That's correct, I've tried non-local host as well as going through the play menu to bot match-> solo. I removed the autoexec from the config folder while testing this too, no change.

Basic Member
    To confirm, you're creating a lobby and going into the advanced options and choosing "Local Host" as the server? Can you then do "sv_cheats 1" in the console?
    Yes, also, cheats are enabled actually, common cheat commands work normally. The problem is only with "exec_async".

Valve Developer
    I think some incorrect wording on the networked bot test might be part of the issue. It mentions using a non-local host as the server but actually it's supposed to be a local host. Typically servers run elsewhere will not allow cheats to be turned on, so if you got an error message when doing "sv_cheats 1" in the console that is the issue you were hitting. If you were creating a lobby against "Local Host", enabling cheats in the lobby settings and then doing "sv_cheats 1" in the console after the game started and that didn't work I'm not sure what was going on.

I've updated the wording on the original post to remove that test and instead suggest a replay test that should be more straightforward.
    Last edited by gdrewb-valve; 03-02-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Basic Member
    I think some incorrect wording on the networked bot test might be part of the issue. It mentions using a non-local host as the server but actually it's supposed to be a local host. Typically servers run elsewhere will not allow cheats to be turned on, so if you got an error message when doing "sv_cheats 1" in the console that is the issue you were hitting. If you were creating a lobby against "Local Host", enabling cheats in the lobby settings and then doing "sv_cheats 1" in the console after the game started and that didn't work I'm not sure what was going on.

I've updated the wording on the original post to remove that test and instead suggest a replay test that should be more straightforward.
    In the demo playback test, is there a less verbosity option? Before running the test, I always clear console so condump outputs only what the test outs, its output is fine on the demohero test, but in the live playback it dumps a ton of stuff, and makes the earlier tests impossible to see because there is so much output into console.

Seen here: http://pastebin.com/mchVRFyj

Quote Originally Posted by Doofyrob View Post
    In the demo playback test, is there a less verbosity option? Before running the test, I always clear console so condump outputs only what the test outs, its output is fine on the demohero test, but in the live playback it dumps a ton of stuff, and makes the earlier tests impossible to see because there is so much output into console.

Seen here: http://pastebin.com/mchVRFyj
    See my benchmark.cfg alternative. I'm just gonna copy-paste the relevant code to silence most of the console spam:
    Code:
    log_flags Console +DoNotEcho | grep %
    log_flags General Developer DeveloperConsole Panel Panorama  PanoramaScript VScript VScriptDbg VScriptScripts CustomUI  CustomGameCache CustomNetTable +DoNotEcho
    log_flags AnimationGraph AnimationSystem AnimGraphManager AnimResource  Assert "BitBuf Error" BoneSetup Client "Combat Analyzer" CommandLine D3D  Decals Demo DeveloperVerbose DotaGuide DOTAHLTVCamera +DoNotEcho
    log_flags DOTAHLTVDirector DOTA_CHAT DownloadManager EmitSound  EngineInitialization EngineServiceManager "Entity Dump" "Entity Load  Unserialize" "Entity System" Filesystem GameEventSystem GCClient  GlobalState HangWatchdog "HLTV Server" Host +DoNotEcho
    log_flags HostStateManager IME InputService InputSystem InstantReplay  LOADING MaterialSystem MeshSystem ModelCombiner modellib NavMesh  NetworkClientService Networking "Networking Reliable" NetworkP2PService  NetworkServerService +DoNotEcho
    log_flags NetworkService Particles ParticlesLib Physics PostProcessing  PostProcessPipeline RenderPipelineDota RenderPipelineVr RenderService  RenderSystem ResourceSystem SaveRestore SaveRestoreIO Scaleform  "Scaleform IME" ScaleformAS +DoNotEcho
    log_flags ScaleformParse ScaleformScript SceneSystem SchemaSystem  SchemaSystemUtils Server ServerLog SignonState SndEmitterSystem  SndOperators SoundOperatorSystem SoundOpGameSystem SoundSystem  SoundSystemLowLevel SpawnGroup SplitPacket +DoNotEcho
    log_flags SplitScreen Steam SteamDatagramClient SteamDatagramServer  SteamUnifiedMessages ToneMapping ToolGameSimulation TypeManager Vfx  VguiCallQueue VolumetricFog VProf VR WeekendTourney Workshop  WorldRenderer +DoNotEcho
    log_flags Console General -DoNotEcho | grep %

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aveyo View Post
    See my benchmark.cfg alternative. I'm just gonna copy-paste the relevant code to silence most of the console spam:
    Code:
    log_flags Console +DoNotEcho | grep %
    log_flags General Developer DeveloperConsole Panel Panorama  PanoramaScript VScript VScriptDbg VScriptScripts CustomUI  CustomGameCache CustomNetTable +DoNotEcho
    log_flags AnimationGraph AnimationSystem AnimGraphManager AnimResource  Assert "BitBuf Error" BoneSetup Client "Combat Analyzer" CommandLine D3D  Decals Demo DeveloperVerbose DotaGuide DOTAHLTVCamera +DoNotEcho
    log_flags DOTAHLTVDirector DOTA_CHAT DownloadManager EmitSound  EngineInitialization EngineServiceManager "Entity Dump" "Entity Load  Unserialize" "Entity System" Filesystem GameEventSystem GCClient  GlobalState HangWatchdog "HLTV Server" Host +DoNotEcho
    log_flags HostStateManager IME InputService InputSystem InstantReplay  LOADING MaterialSystem MeshSystem ModelCombiner modellib NavMesh  NetworkClientService Networking "Networking Reliable" NetworkP2PService  NetworkServerService +DoNotEcho
    log_flags NetworkService Particles ParticlesLib Physics PostProcessing  PostProcessPipeline RenderPipelineDota RenderPipelineVr RenderService  RenderSystem ResourceSystem SaveRestore SaveRestoreIO Scaleform  "Scaleform IME" ScaleformAS +DoNotEcho
    log_flags ScaleformParse ScaleformScript SceneSystem SchemaSystem  SchemaSystemUtils Server ServerLog SignonState SndEmitterSystem  SndOperators SoundOperatorSystem SoundOpGameSystem SoundSystem  SoundSystemLowLevel SpawnGroup SplitPacket +DoNotEcho
    log_flags SplitScreen Steam SteamDatagramClient SteamDatagramServer  SteamUnifiedMessages ToneMapping ToolGameSimulation TypeManager Vfx  VguiCallQueue VolumetricFog VProf VR WeekendTourney Workshop  WorldRenderer +DoNotEcho
    log_flags Console General -DoNotEcho | grep %
    thanks ill give it a go

Basic Member
    since the recent update says there are game performance update i tried to do performance test again and got this http://pastebin.com/raw/TzVbz33j

* If the Particles disabled FPS is higher than the Baseline FPS you can drop the Effects Quality in the Video options to possibly increase your perf.
    * If the Game only FPS is significantly higher than the Baseline FPS you can turn off High Quality UI in the Video options to possibly increase your perf.

this 2 factor (particle effects and game UI) are what needs optimization it seems, i already set the effects quality to low and turned off the high quality dashboard

i tested with the hero Underlord and spammed his first ability Firestorm since that is the ability that gives me the lowest FPS when playing

hope Valve can optimize the game performance for low end computers, buying a new computer/graphics card is out of option for me at this time since we do not have money yet

more than 2 days ago I have been releasing the dota reinventing it to install but now I do not even know if the game was after an update save some a solution thank you very much plis help me