Thread: Push-To-Talk Hotkey bug - permanently bound to mouse button even when changed

Basic Member

Push-To-Talk Hotkey bug - permanently bound to mouse button even when changed

Ok, so, in my dota settings, I use push to talk for my mic, and use two different buttons on my mouse for team chat and party chat. my team chat is set to Mouse4 and party chat to Mouse5. I was recently on mumble with my friends, and I wanted to use Mouse5 as my hotkey for mumble and remove the party chat hotkey in dota so they didn't hear me twice. But for some reason, even after removing the hotkey, and even changing the hotkey to a new hotkey, and restarting dota, party chat remains bound to Mouse5. (and if I change it to another hotkey, both Mouse5 and that hotkey work to activate party chat)

Why...?

Basic Member
    So.. I tried this and my party chat hotkey still seems to be forever bound to Mouse5, regardless of whether I remove/change the hotkey. That problem only seems to fix default hotkeys lingering such as G for voice chat (which I actually never realized was still lingering for me, but it was. My team chat was bound to both G and Mouse4 before I edited that file.) Mouse5 for party chat is not a dota default though, and was not fixed by your suggestion.

I don't get why it doesn't just do what your hotkey is set to in dota anyway, you shouldn't need to mess with any files...
    Last edited by idontkno; 03-02-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Well, it must be forced somewhere, and that's on you.

Open Console, enter: bind mouse5
    It should return [Console] bind [player 0]: "MOUSE5" = ""
    If not, enter: unbind mouse5

Check \Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\game\dota\cfg\autoexec.cfg (if any) for bind MOUSE5 ..
    (might want to also check all *.vcfg files, who knows how it might have been set there)

Check \Steam\userdata\your_friend_id\570\remote\user_key s.vcfg for "MOUSE5" ..

Check \Steam\userdata\your_friend_id\570\remote\cfg\dota keys_personal.lst for "Key" "MOUSE5" ..

If still affected, just assign MOUSE5 in Settings to a "dummy" function such as Advanced Hotkeys - Action Item. Once assigned there, it can't be used at the same time for voice chat party.

Basic Member
    Using unbind mouse5 in the console fixed the problem for me. I can now freely change my party chat hotkey between nothing and mouse5 without any issues and it behaves as expected. Restarted dota to make sure that it stayed fixed and seems good. Thanks. Not sure how that happened.