Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: high kbps.

288kbps is only 36KB/sec (8 bits in a byte), so it's still very very minimal data transfer.
    If your latency is increasing at the same time as the throughput, it's likely your internet connection can't sustain the burst required for getting the data to you during that time, hence the packet loss.

Even ADSL1 has an upload speed of up to 800kbps, so it's time to look at your internet connection, with your ISP.
    To give you an example, even a 360p video on YouTube will use 4x the bitrate that your screenshot shows DotA has burst to, so DotA really uses very, very little bandwidth!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilling_Silence View Post
    288kbps is only 36KB/sec (8 bits in a byte), so it's still very very minimal data transfer.
    If your latency is increasing at the same time as the throughput, it's likely your internet connection can't sustain the burst required for getting the data to you during that time, hence the packet loss.

Even ADSL1 has an upload speed of up to 800kbps, so it's time to look at your internet connection, with your ISP.
    To give you an example, even a 360p video on YouTube will use 4x the bitrate that your screenshot shows DotA has burst to, so DotA really uses very, very little bandwidth!
    dude do u understand what my situation here? or just randomly replying?..i had no problem with internet connection from dota 2 to dota 2 reborn the game run as smooth on that day....and now valve was introduce kbps networking on reborn the game getting worst as i though delay/fps droping plus getting more worst on patch 7.03!!!...

even playing with bot the high kbps jokers kill the game..
    Last edited by label5; 03-19-2017 at 08:28 PM. Reason: nothing todo with internet connection!!!

And I'm saying if you have a problem sustaining 280kbps over the normal ~150-200kbps then you have a problem with your internet connection, not the game.
    Do you even understand a bit vs a byte? No? Don't be a smart ass.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilling_Silence View Post
    And I'm saying if you have a problem sustaining 280kbps over the normal ~150-200kbps then you have a problem with your internet connection, not the game.
    Do you even understand a bit vs a byte? No? Don't be a smart ass.
    here we go again..." don't be smart replying if your theory dumb enough...like i said, bfore dota 2 reborn introduce kbps network i had no problem ping or loss paket ingame it's running smooth,i did call the isp and check my connection none problem on my area..and many player got the same problem here thou..even 1gbps connection getting high kbps joker..still my internet problem?? oh pls i just need valve mod answers no more joker clever human...
    Last edited by label5; 03-20-2017 at 04:36 AM. Reason: just don't be bullshit

Chilling_Silence: just chill, no point in arguing with aggressive illiterates.

First of all, 200-300 kbps indicator is perfectly fine for 40ms+ in late-game state. It's around 20 paused, 40 idle at map load, 100-130 early game, then it raises since everyone is faster hence positional data has to be sent more frequently, and more levels and spells to keep track of.

Second, label5 clearly has a potato PC component if he's playing at 39fps with minecraft-like graphics, so when the CPU is 100% busy rendering or waiting for the GPU, all kind of race conditions happen, like the network card having additional latency (as most onboard ones having no hardware acceleration hence doing the work on the CPU).

Third, having voice transmitted at all times certainly makes things worse. If only this pleb would disable open mic and use push to talk..

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aveyo View Post
    Chilling_Silence: just chill, no point in arguing with aggressive illiterates.

First of all, 200-300 kbps indicator is perfectly fine for 40ms+ in late-game state. It's around 20 paused, 40 idle at map load, 100-130 early game, then it raises since everyone is faster hence positional data has to be sent more frequently, and more levels and spells to keep track of.

Second, label5 clearly has a potato PC component if he's playing at 39fps with minecraft-like graphics, so when the CPU is 100% busy rendering or waiting for the GPU, all kind of race conditions happen, like the network card having additional latency (as most onboard ones having no hardware acceleration hence doing the work on the CPU).

Third, having voice transmitted at all times certainly makes things worse. If only this pleb would disable open mic and use push to talk..
    aveyo my spec midrate build not a potato and i did use your cfg and try bencmarks.cfg nothing changes with the stuttering on 200-300 kbps it's really anoying...

*weird,when i join Matchmaking some server kbps went to 0 lol..the game back to smooth no suttering...even on late-game..

amd fx 8350
    card amd r270x
    ram 28gb
    Last edited by label5; 03-20-2017 at 09:31 PM. Reason: never get better

The GPU is fine for DOTA, but the CPU is really weak per core / lame architecture. Try using launch options: -high -nod3d9ex -dx11 ( and even adding -dxlevel 101 ). And turn that damn open mic off in the settings.

Also see what is core parking and should you adjust it

Even doing just these should be enough:
    e45e4b9a52e9f95fcc052604d84ec539.pngc196f479ab3d55393f4df6969c134931.png

Note that none of these exempt SEA servers actually being bad at times. It is known.

Basic Member
    The GPU is fine for DOTA, but the CPU is really weak per core / lame architecture. Try using launch options: -high -nod3d9ex -dx11 ( and even adding -dxlevel 101 ). And turn that damn open mic off in the settings.

Also see what is core parking and should you adjust it

Even doing just these should be enough:
    e45e4b9a52e9f95fcc052604d84ec539.pngc196f479ab3d55393f4df6969c134931.png

Note that none of these exempt SEA servers actually being bad at times. It is known.
    thanks i will try it...

Pew pew, shots fired ^_^

Basic Member
    @aveyo not working bruh...honestly your guide just for fps boost/performance in-game and My point here regarding network kbps is killing fps in-game , sorry for that totally forget to mention earlier i have no problem with fps in-game..

ping are fine stay on 30-40ms
    loss paket 0

tested issues >>> when kbps is increasing, fps slightly drops and bcame minecraft fps .."every minute in-game getting stuttering/delayed"

so,do you have any solution for kbps cancer?
    Last edited by label5; 03-22-2017 at 09:15 PM. Reason: get rid worst kbps networking dev