Thread: QUESTION: Access Hero's Turn Rate

Basic Member

QUESTION: Access Hero's Turn Rate

Do we have any access to hero's turn rate in game?

Im asking this because Turn rate maybe one of the useful values in calculation of time which is needed to move before performing last hits. also if IsFacingLocation() return false, we need to know how much time does it need to perform turn before move or attack.
    ( Note: as you know all entities turn to action point before casting, moving or attacking )

please share your ideas here
    thanks

Basic Member
    Yes, I think turn rate and projectile speed is needed for last hit purpose

Basic Member
    They are available in the npc_heroes.txt ... but yes, I understand you guys want the API

Basic Member
    there are many ways to access projectile speed actually, but we need sth like turn rate and base attack animation/backswing to calculate time needed to act sth like last hit, ability execution and etc.

this might be useful for making your own timeToFace function until in api

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...en-two-vectors

(if have turnarate. timeToFace = angle/turnrate)
    https://github.com/ThePianoDentist/t...dentistdotabot Lina bot which pulls small camp when 'laning' (Aim to work on pulling and stacking bots initially)
    https://github.com/ThePianoDentist/dotabots-ml-tools Parsing data from bot games

Basic Member
    thanks for your comment

I actually used this algorithm to calculate time needed to turn specific location. but the problem was accessing Hero's Turn Rate. I added turn rate manually for more than 110 heroes( 113 if im not mistaken ) . but this link provide useful methods for this issue and i recommend others to use this.

Basic Member
    Is there a way to access ally projectile speed? Did GetIncomingProjectile() work on enemy hero like enemyhandle:GetIncomingProjectile() ?

Basic Member
    I already though that this function returns all information about each projectile come to specific hero. first this consider IncomingProjectile so for example you have no access to viper projectile speed if viper does not attack u.

GetLinearProjectiles() return major information about projectiles and also provide velocity of it. this functions works when attack command is settled( i think ). I dont know how GetLinearProjectileByHandle( ) works but this may need some tricks to use it.

Generally to your question. there is no way to access hero projectile speed but when your allies start attacking( enemies ) or casting ability( enemies or allies ).
    hope this post help you.