Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: May 11 Bot Update

Valve Developer

May 11 Bot Update

• Fixed CScriptHTTPRequest async callback
    • Added some missing bot data to npc_heroes.txt
    • Added UNIT_LIST_ALLIED_OTHER and UNIT_LIST_ENEMY_OTHER
    • Added GetIncomingTeleports which returns a table of elements which contain playerid, location, and time_remaining.

Basic Member
    Nice!

Can you clarify exactly what is the scope of the data filter UNIT_LIST_*_OTHER?

ChrisC, can you make it so Kunkka buys boots before drums? Seems like a silly build order.

Valve Developer
    It's basically any unit that is not a hero, creep, building, or courier.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggiesized View Post
    ChrisC, can you make it so Kunkka buys boots before drums? Seems like a silly build order.
    I also recommend like some scripts to have them automatically update the talent code every patch, because some default bots no longer use talents (not sure about the item builds).

Basic Member
    I will have to check out the UNIT_LIST_*_OTHER (I'm hoping it doesn't have "trees" either).

Anyone know what's an easy and efficient way to check for local presence of an enemy courier? I hope I'm not stuck having to iterator over all units.

Also, thank you for TP notification (I'm surprised you provide time-remaining, I feel like players don't get that).

Finally, last thing we are missing is an event callback system to know when enemy abilities have been used. The prime example of this is Zues and his Ultimate. I am looking for a way to know that it has been used so I can start my own countdown timer. Checking for health drops every frame just seems clunky.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    It's basically any unit that is not a hero, creep, building, or courier.
    so another thing for finding hero skill units, like remnants, astral spirit, monkey king soldiers, etc?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavimaya View Post
    so another thing for finding hero skill units, like remnants, astral spirit, monkey king soldiers, etc?
    I asked ChrisC to provide a list aggregator for things like:
    Undying's Tombstone (and I'm not sure if the Zombies are in the enemy unit list group), Jugg's Healing Ward, Pugna's Nether Ward, Gyro's Homing Missle, Warlock's Golems, Shadow Shaman's Serpent Wards, Necronimicon, Beastmaster's hawk and boar, Shadow Demon's disruption illusions, Terrorblade illusions (to me they should be treated differently than typical illusions as in game they are easily graphically distinguishable from real Terrorblade), same for Arc Warden double, TA traps (when visible), Techies mines/traps (when visible), etc

This should be it

Basic Member
    cool as.
    thanks for the clarification.

Basic Member
    Welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    • Added some missing bot data to npc_heroes.txt
    What was missing?
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here