Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Default Bot Fixes

Default Bot Fixes

I want to try and fix default bots (or someone else with the items and talents), plus with Necrophos never using his 'W' ability.
    Last edited by DreadedGhoul575; 05-17-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Would be even better if Valve fixed them with the items, Necrophos 'W' ability bug and made them auto/random their talents, since they ain't a challenge at all in co-op vs ai and in solo, it's no fun with bots, since their item builds are broke.

Basic Member
    Bots still purchase "old" items (such as Force with the small RoR instead of the RoH, Soul Ring with Recipe etc.). Zeus will be without items at 70 mins into the game level 25 because he is trying to purchase a Soul Ring recipe.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Basic Member
    There's a new patch out that has fixes to default bot item builds (not sure if it fixes all of them or not).

@ChrisC, if you read this thread there's a frequent bug in bot games where the tp animation persists for the rest of the game in certain instances. I've no idea what causes it though.
    Last edited by Riveon; 05-18-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Basic Member
    its odd, back before the bot scripting was launched, if you looked through the heroes.txt the bots bought items even though some had different names, like they used legacy names / recipes, yet when i added new bots (ursa/ NS/ weaver, etc) i had to use the current names.
    why that isnt still possible i dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Riveon View Post
    There's a new patch out that has fixes to default bot item builds (not sure if it fixes all of them or not).

@ChrisC, if you read this thread there's a frequent bug in bot games where the tp animation persists for the rest of the game in certain instances. I've no idea what causes it though.
    Really? Have you tested this and do you know where it says they fixed it? Thanks.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadedGhoul575 View Post
    Really? Have you tested this and do you know where it says they fixed it? Thanks.
    I haven't tested it but it says they were in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Riveon View Post
    I haven't tested it but it says they were in this post.
    Ah ok, I will test them all sometime; good to know I may be able to have a challenge again, since co-op vs ai was laughable.

I'm also going to test if Necrophos uses his 'W' ability.

20170519173356_1.jpg20170519173401_1.jpg20170519173402_1.jpg20170519173406_1.jpg

Hmm, still seem a bit bugged; Tiny didn't level up his talent and waited for a gap and also the priority of putting their full items in their backpack is dumb.