Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: June 2 Bot Update

@Platinum. did you already request GetNeutralSpawners give the spawn box corner coords?

because if we have that, then you can calculate the pull/stack timings from that and creep speed.

although I think we also need the 'leash' distance. different camps let you pull the creeps different distances right? which would affect timings.

thats the only way I see being able to programatically know them and not have to hardcode them
    https://github.com/ThePianoDentist/t...dentistdotabot Lina bot which pulls small camp when 'laning' (Aim to work on pulling and stacking bots initially)
    https://github.com/ThePianoDentist/dotabots-ml-tools Parsing data from bot games

Quote Originally Posted by TheP1anoDentist View Post
    @Platinum. did you already request GetNeutralSpawners give the spawn box corner coords?

because if we have that, then you can calculate the pull/stack timings from that and creep speed.

although I think we also need the 'leash' distance. different camps let you pull the creeps different distances right? which would affect timings.

thats the only way I see being able to programatically know them and not have to hardcode them
    I asked for a more organized GetNeutralSpawners. If you have their coordinates, you can calculate the minimum distance from the camp to the lane (and how much time the bot takes to traverse it) and pull using that location and the timing (at least this was what I wanted to implement).

Valve Developer
    Thanks for all the suggestions -- a number of these will show up in this week's update.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions -- a number of these will show up in this week's update.
    Also another problem I'm having is when I close the workshop tool (after updating bots), steam still thinks it is open (I can't even find its process to kill it), so I have to kill steam before I'm able to open dota again. I'm not sure if it is Steam's problem or the workshop tool!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    Also another problem I'm having is when I close the workshop tool (after updating bots), steam still thinks it is open (I can't even find its process to kill it), so I have to kill steam before I'm able to open dota again. I'm not sure if it is Steam's problem or the workshop tool!
    That has not happened to me yet.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheP1anoDentist View Post
    Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    I asked for a more organized GetNeutralSpawners. If you have their coordinates, you can calculate the minimum distance from the camp to the lane (and how much time the bot takes to traverse it) and pull using that location and the timing (at least this was what I wanted to implement).
    Some suggestions were started in the API request thread (I squeezed the relevant links in there ). Hope Chris doesn't forget about those
    Last edited by The Nomad; 06-11-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

God damn it, you had to release the Siltbreaker and update the API in the same patch, and make it as hard af (I enjoyed it tho, after getting used to the camera) now I wasted 3 days to beat siltbreaker in solo queue and probably won't be able to finish the bots in one run. I may have to postpone things until mid July, hopefully other API requests will be implemented by then (I will probably work on it during weekends and let you know if I needed more things in the meanwhile).