Thread: [CRITICAL] Unable to compile maps in Hammer. Access Violation.

Current position co-ordinates non-tracable. Unknown space.

[~RESOLVED~] Unable to compile maps in Hammer. Access Violation.

THIS ISSUE HAS BE RESOLVED! Please see my latest post in this thread for details.

This seems to be an issue that has crept up in the past. I've heard others having this issue before (while avoiding it myself). Now it seems to be my turn! Anyway, I am unable to compile any map for one of my game mode projects. I encounter this in the compile log:

Nothing abnormal in the console at first, but at some point I get this:

For literally every .vmap.

Here's the dump for the access violation: crash_resourcecompiler.exe_20170603194130_1.zip

Please help! I don't know what to do

Edit: Added 2 additional crash logs, both pointing to resource compiler as the culprit.

resourcecompiler_2017_0630_231347_0_accessviolation.zip
    crash_resourcecompiler.exe_20170630231346_1.zip

Bumping for visibility. This is still an issue!

*Bump* I would really like to be able to compile my maps again :\ This is primarily an issue with the regular dota 2 map as well as tilesets (custom and default). I can compile simple maps just fine but I think something is not allowing me to compile maps that are modified versions of Valve-created maps.

Updated the thread with 2 additional crash logs. An update to resource compiler going as far back as the tail-end of May might have messed up something, causing it to give access violation errors when compiling certain vmaps.

Alright, seems I missed something crucial since this issue had appear; tile set maps don't need to be compiled! Simply saving the tile set map apparently updates the main map using the tile set. Unfortunately the changes are not shown in the main map using the tileset until you restart the session or force the main map to update somehow. This latter bit was what confused me and prevented me from progressing. Thankfully, this issue is resolved!