Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: June 8 Update

Valve Developer

June 8 Update

• Added global GetItemComponents( sItemName ) function -- returns a table of lists of components used to construct the specified item.
    • Added unit-scoped GetTalent( nTier, nSide ) function -- returns a handle to an ability.
    • Added unit-scoped GetBaseHealthRegen(), GetBaseManaRegen(), GetHealthRegenPerStr(), and GetManaRegenPerInt() functions.
    • Added unit-scoped GetAttackProjectileSpeed() function.
    • Added unit-scoped IsMinion() function.
    • Fixed neutral camps being incorrectly assigned to radiant/dire sides due to the new new map layout.
    • Removed "name" field in GetNeutralSpawners().
    • Added "team" field in GetNeutralSpawners().
    • Added a "type" field (small/medium/large/ancient) to GetNeutralSpawners().
    • Added a "speed" field (normal/fast/slow) to GetNeutralSpawners().
    • Added "min" and "max" bounds to GetNeutralSpawners().
    • Fixed courier commands always being queued, which caused burst to never fire while it was delivering an item.
    • Fixed PointToLineDistance to actually return a table.

Also, the following bots can now be run on dedicated servers:
    • Ranked Matchmaking AI by:adamqqq
    • Nostrademous - Full Bot Overwrite
    • BOT EXPERIMENT Credit:FURIOUSPUPPY
    • PubSimulator

That's just the initial list to make sure everything's working well, we'll be adding more as it makes sense.

Wow, thanks!

I was planning on playing videogames this weekend...not programming

thanks!
    https://github.com/ThePianoDentist/t...dentistdotabot Lina bot which pulls small camp when 'laning' (Aim to work on pulling and stacking bots initially)
    https://github.com/ThePianoDentist/dotabots-ml-tools Parsing data from bot games

Basic Member
    @ChrisC - couple of questions for you:

1) At what frequency does the dedicated server pull down updates to the workshop bots? As in - if I update my bot, how soon until the dedicated server has the new code?
    2) If a patch accidentally breaks the API used by my bots, what happens on the dedicated server to my bot (which might be crashing Dota as a result)?
    3) Forward Looking (as I'm working on a bot that leverages a separate web-server process) - will bots that communicate with a web-server (in my case written in Python with it's own code) ever be possible on the dedicated server? (I don't see how, but figured I would ask).

just checking I understand correctly

GetNeutralCamps()[1].min - this is the vector of the edge of the spawn box if they walk out perpendicular to their camp

GetNeutralCamps()[1].max - this is the vector where the neutrals creeps will turn around when aggroed and pulled perpendicular to camp

(the other possible explanation is that these together refer to top-left/bottom-right corners...or top-right/bottom-left)

does speed mean the creeps movement speed...or is it something else?
    If it is movespeed, it would be nice to know where boundaries are drawn between fast/slow/medium
    https://github.com/ThePianoDentist/t...dentistdotabot Lina bot which pulls small camp when 'laning' (Aim to work on pulling and stacking bots initially)
    https://github.com/ThePianoDentist/dotabots-ml-tools Parsing data from bot games

How can I use a dedicated server for bots? When I choose US-East for instance, the script chooses the heroes and shows the pre-match screen but it doesn't finish loading and gives me a "server timeout" error.

Basic Member
    Thanks heaps for the courier fix and all the other hard work Chris.
    any chance of the GetNearbyX(), GetLocation() and i think very importantly for burst, WasRecentlyDamagedByX() for the courier?

Sorry to be an annoying turd, but i would still love for the ability to find text in the journal and the fixing of bots assembling onto a danger ping, so i can add more user commands for players to control the bots.
    Last edited by Yavimaya; 06-09-2017 at 02:09 AM.

What does this mean on dedicated servers?

Valve Developer
    (the other possible explanation is that these together refer to top-left/bottom-right corners...or top-right/bottom-left)
    Yep, it's the AABB bounds of their spawnbox.

Valve Developer
    Also, BOT EXPERIMENT Credit:FURIOUSPUPPY looks like it's not working correctly on dedicated servers currently because it contains subdirectories. Should be fixed in the next update.