Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: June 20 Bot Update

Basic Member
    i wonder how to use the"dedicated servers",is it right to create a lobby first,then select a server and bot scripts mentioned last update?

Basic Member
    What are ACTIVITY_CONSTANT_LAYER, ACTIVITY_CAPTURE, ACTIVITY_ATTACK_EVENT, ACTIVITY_FLINCH, ACTIVITY_FLAIL and ACTIVITY_KILLTAUNT and the 4 ACTIVITY_OVERRIDE_ABILITY constants ?
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavimaya View Post
    how does this work please?

will it just remove the warnings and allow long scripts to slow the game but with no warning?
    or will it change the frame length so that long scripts can be completed within each frame?

if no.2, will it have any real effect on the way the game is played / timings, etc?
    It just affects the display of the warning, since it was annoying for some people in bot development.

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    What are ACTIVITY_CONSTANT_LAYER, ACTIVITY_CAPTURE, ACTIVITY_ATTACK_EVENT, ACTIVITY_FLINCH, ACTIVITY_FLAIL and ACTIVITY_KILLTAUNT and the 4 ACTIVITY_OVERRIDE_ABILITY constants ?
    ACTIVITY_CONSTANT_LAYER - some heroes have an animation that plays constantly overtop their other animations (invoker's orbs).
    ACTIVITY_CAPTURE - I think we just play/use this when doing video captures of heroes.
    ACTIVITY_ATTACK_EVENT - Special attacks that play (like on crits)
    ACTIVITY_FLINCH - Not entirely sure. I believe some lane creeps flinch when hit sometimes? Maybe?
    ACTIVITY_KILLTAUNT - Some items cause taunts when they kill someone. Definitely very rare.
    ACTIVITY_OVERRIDE_ABILITY - Some abilities have custom gestures that they play over their main animation when activating abilities.

I don't think you'll ever see any of these as the primary anim activity. Maybe the taunt?

Basic Member
    Thank you
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    It just affects the display of the warning, since it was annoying for some people in bot development.
    thanks Chris, it annoyed me too, however i think better to find a way to fix it (if it can become an issue like people have mentioned), rather than hide it. mostly because i know i become complacent easily, if i push it out to 4ms, then when 5 or 6 ms warnings come up ill think "its not so bad", like i do now with 2 and 3ms warnings.

Basic Member
    ACTIVITY_CONSTANT_LAYER - some heroes have an animation that plays constantly overtop their other animations (invoker's orbs).
    ACTIVITY_CAPTURE - I think we just play/use this when doing video captures of heroes.
    ACTIVITY_FLINCH - Not entirely sure. I believe some lane creeps flinch when hit sometimes? Maybe?
    ACTIVITY_KILLTAUNT - Some items cause taunts when they kill someone. Definitely very rare.
    ACTIVITY_OVERRIDE_ABILITY - Some abilities have custom gestures that they play over their main animation when activating abilities.

I don't think you'll ever see any of these as the primary anim activity. Maybe the taunt?
    Im sure that ACTIVITT_ATTACK2 is not same as ACTIVITY_ATTACK, and i checked them both, I dont ever see ACTIVITT_ATTACK2 in game . is ACTIVITT_ATTACK2 activated for some few heroes?
    NOTE: i check this only for sniper

Umm... This can be abused!!! I suggest returning either ATTACK or ATTACK2 for this too!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIKIM View Post
    Im sure that ACTIVITT_ATTACK2 is not same as ACTIVITY_ATTACK, and i checked them both, I dont ever see ACTIVITT_ATTACK2 in game . is ACTIVITT_ATTACK2 activated for some few heroes?
    NOTE: i check this only for sniper
    From what I understood, it's when having different rare animations. So maybe it is more easily visible on melee heroes like Jug. Probably with cosmetics too.

Basic Member
    I think the hero with the most visibly distinct attack animations (ACTIVITY_ATTACK_ATTACK and ACTIVITY_ATTACK_ATTACK2) is probably Beastmaster. ACTIVITY_ATTACK_EVENT is probably easiest to observe with Juggernaut's crit.