Thread: Newbie Stream for TI

Newbie Stream for TI

I'm not sure where to post this but tutorial feedback is the closest I could think of.

This TI and possibly all the following, Valve should revive the newbie stream. I know that casters hate how basic the newbie stream is so what I am suggesting is simply a heavily moderated stream that removes meme spamming and a slow mode channel where newbies can ask questions. The stream itself is identical to the main one.

I wanted this because I was part of the newbie stream back in TI5 and I enjoyed answering questions to newbies and it was a very chill and relaxing environment from the main chat. The problem with the main chat is that legitimate Dota questions and answers are buried by the spam and newbies never learn anything from the game so a heavily moderated and slow channel will greatly help them. This can greatly help people get into Dota.

I am glad that newbie stream was implemented. I just hope Valve regularly advertises the newbie stream in the main stream during the main event to draw in newbies because newbie stream right now are just veteran players having some chill chat. Nothing bad about that but it defeats the purpose of the stream and quite boring as well.