Thread: Cursor Problem

Cursor Problem

I have this problem since I don't remember which patch but is too annoying. I took those photos with my mobile phone because native screenshot of windows 7 doesn't capture the Cursor. The worst is that the cursor remains the same and into windows 7 desktop and doesn't change if I don't restart the pc.

DSC_0029.JPGDSC_0030.JPG

To add more info I am with an Ati card 6950 2GB. The problem happens suddenly while playing dota 2 . And only on dota2

Basic Member
    Has been posted alot, heres a thread: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=17045

No fix has been reported as far as I know.

Don't ever buy ati cards again, they don't care about known bugs.
    I posted couple of workarounds/semi fixes in the thread, if you can even call them that. I just endure having a corrupted or no cursor at all for now.

yeah , I saw it but as soon as there wasn't a picture or something I thought the might referring to something different.

Hi I have radeon and sometimes have that same problem. It seems to be a flash problem. So to solve it, just for examlpe open youtube video in your browser and point with the cursor in video, nothing more. This helps me...

Basic Member
    I have the samme issue, it's ONLY in dota 2 however, i had it for a while when i first got the game, and then it stopped, but now it's back and it does it like every 2 games i play or so.. It's real annoying.
    However, i find that plugging in my tv or my second monitor, and unplugging it fixes it.

Still they don't respond... For fuck's sake can't the moderators forward this problem to devs?

Quote Originally Posted by altair View Post
    Still they don't respond... For fuck's sake can't the moderators forward this problem to devs?
    It is an old bug with Ati/Amd cards, even my Ati X1600M has it sometimes, and it happend in HoN and in other games too...
    System #1 Spec for Bug Reporting:_____System #2 Spec for Bug Reporting:
    ----------------------------------------_______..----------------------------------------
    CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300______________.CPU: Intel I7-3770K
    GPU: ATI Mobility X1600_________________GPU: Nvidia GTX-670
    RAM: DDR2 667 2GB__________________iiRAM: DDR3 1600 16GB
    OS: Win7 Ultimate 32bit___________________Win7 Ultimate 64bit
    Res: 720p_______________________________.Res: 1080p

Net: 25Mbit/1,5Mbit

Quote Originally Posted by tikshow View Post
    It is an old bug with Ati/Amd cards, even my Ati X1600M has it sometimes, and it happend in HoN and in other games too...
    Dude do we even speak for the same bug? Have you seen the photos I posted? Only in dota that happens to me. And I play many games like anno,total war etc