Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: July 14 Bot Update (bots in the play menu)

Valve Developer

July 14 Bot Update (bots in the play menu)

This update introduces the ability to select and play workshop bots from the play menu.

If you have "Solo" selected, it'll show a dropdown with all your subscribed scripts, and an option to bring up the workshop bots popup.
    If you "Coop" selected, the dropdown will list all the bots that are currently available on dedicated servers. It also enables the link to their workshop page.

The global default rotates every day between all the dedicated server scripts, so everyone's scripts should be seeing a lot more coverage! Today it looks like it's "Nostrademous - Full Bot Overwrite", tomorrow it should be "BOT EXPERIMENT Credit:FURIOUSPUPPY", etc.

As I said before, I'm happy to add more scripts to the dedicated server list as they become full-featured enough! Or remove them if they become unsupported or broken enough to not provide a good experience to users.

wow

Basic Member
    Good job !
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Basic Member
    Nice

Just to mention, bot experiment works with Captain Mode as well, so I guess perhaps add a tab for All Pick And Captain Mode for that specific script?

Up to you, but overall, loving it.

Basic Member
    wow, ok i see why you have been so busy and not been on here so much.

thats a great feature to add, thanks for the hard work.

edit: just tested it and i notice there is no "local dev script', but "default" runs as local dev script.
    i suppose it wont matter, just pointing out default bots arent default for people with dev scripts. (and unless you move the scripts you cant access default bots only)
    Last edited by Yavimaya; 07-14-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavimaya View Post
    wow, ok i see why you have been so busy and not been on here so much.
    Also explained by the compendium/battlepass.

Basic Member
    yea we all know he was busy on the compendium, but he was back after that, then wasnt for a while.

Thanks! Let me know if you wanted me to make PubSimulator more PC!
    Also, giff navigation modules, I'm gonna start working again in less than a week, a beast will be unleashed soon (or it will be an absolute disappointment )!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    Thanks! Let me know if you wanted me to make PubSimulator more PC!
    Also, giff navigation modules, I'm gonna start working again in less than a week, a beast will be unleashed soon (or it will be an absolute disappointment )!
    Looking forward to it. I had a match with yours and nos on co-op and nos was pretty easy (since it's w.i.p) I was Lion in that game and the next was with Pub Simulator as Sniper mid, we all had some great laughs with your AI, plus how it talked.

Haven't tried bot experiment or Ranked Matchmaking AI yet, because it was like 12:00am in the UK for me lol.