Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Intended Changes List

Basic Member

Intended Changes List

This is a list of differences between WC3 Dota and Dota 2 that might be changes to how things worked in WC3 Dota. These are intentional differences meant to fix engine limitations, bugs or other undesirable behaviour in WC3 Dota. Each list entry represents a discussion on the intended change. if you want to provide feedback on it, participate in the linked thread.

If you notice any such changes are not yet listed, please let us know in this thread.
    Do note that some mechanics from WC3 Dota, although arising from engine limitations or bugs, are meant to be retained in Dota 2.

Quote Originally Posted by IceFrog View Post
    Nothing is set in stone, if there are things we confirm as intended for whatever reason, you guys are still free to debate the pros and cons.
    Confirmation Legend:
    The Frog, Developer, Core Tester, Moderator, Unofficial

Confirmed Fixes:
    Tree's respawning individually, rather than in fixed intervals
    Vision is completly obstructed by trees now (probationary fix)
    ground-targetable spells such as impale always get blocked by linkens (fissure not confirmed though)
    Headshot no longer procing Linkens
    Autoattack rules apply if attackmoves are issued during Invisibility/Windwalk
    stash is accessable at the enemy fountain
    Eclipse no longer cancels Darkness 29.06.2012
    Cleave no longer overriding Guardian Angel for adjacent units 10.07.2012
    Quelling blade is now working on Kunkka
    Assassinate is no longer dodgable with invisility added 22.07.2012
    Illusions applying "fake" buff placer effects added 08.08.2012
    ghostscepter no longer removing poison nova
    phase no longer preventing attack effects
    pugna no longer being able to attack decrypified units with orb effects
    Illusions no longer inflict fake bashes
    Potm back arrow no longer possible - not confirmed
    When moving out of Spectre's Spectral Path, the phased state lasts only 2 seconds instead of 4 added 28.05.2012 (phase state lost immediately) , updated 14.03.2013 (phase state increased to 2 seconds)
    Slark's Essence Shift no longer has an Attack Speed threshold added 06.04.2013
    linkens no longer blocking zeus ulti
    frostbite working on fireflying batrider
    riki's permanent invisibility doesnt stack with mirana's moonlight shadows
    cleave working against (former) flying units
    truestrike no longer interfering with orb effects such as gemini attack
    attackmodifiers working on breaking windwalk
    Casting Dark Ritual when having full mana adds the correct amount
    Using a Rearmed Manta destroys all previous Manta Illusions
    Burrowstrike glitches no longer possible
    rikimaru's backstab no longer being applied before the actual hit (thread got closed by Robzor)
    Ancient Apparition's Ice Blast projectile and Invoker's Sunstrike can't be seen with True Sight
    Mirana's Leap Spell Dodge can no longer be countered with True Sight added 28.05.2012
    Phantom Assassin's Blur now having corresponding visuals to its spell description added 16.06.2012
    Pudge's Meathook + Forcestaff combo no longer possible added 16.06.2012
    Luna's Moon Glaives can now be combined with Orbeffects such as Desolator added 28.06.2012
    Leshrac's Ulti is no longer canceled by silence added 01.07.2012
    Midas no longer has a projectile
    Song Of The Siren affects unit which were cycloned while in the area after landing, instead of ignoring them until they re-enter the area

Needs Confirmation (colors indicate participation in the discussion):
    General change in how Orbs and Buff placers are handled (discussion)
    Rot damaging while the caster is being paused (discussion)
    fountain is no longer attackable (discussion)
    Lich does not cast frost armor on creeps being attacked (discussion)
    napalm counters appear above illusions (discussion)
    partially blocked spells being blocked completly by roshan/linkens (discussion, discussion, discussion)
    blademail no longer damaging the owner of wards (serpent, plague, death) (discussion, discussion)
    Transformation spells no longer block stuns (discussion, discussion)
    AM/QoP blinking the full distance when trying to blink out of range (discussion)
    Juxtapose only spawns illusions when a hit connects (discussion) added 07.05.2012
    Barathrum's Greater Bash no longer being applied before the actual hit (thus overriding evasion) (discussion) added 15.05.2012
    Phantom Lancer's Juxtapose no longer being applied before the actual hit (this overriding evasion) (discussion) added 21.05.2014
    Riki's Backstab no longer being applied before the actual hit (thus overriding evasion) (discussion) added 21.05.2014
    Fan of Knives mechanic removed from active items (discussion) added 26.05.2012
    Untouchable and Incapacitating Bite cannot be blocked by Roshan and Linken's anymore (discussion) added 06.06.2012
    Rubick is now able to Steal all active (non sub-)Spells with Spell Steal (link needed, preferably icefrogs comment) added 20.06.2012
    Aoe Spells dont damage again, when reentering the aoe (discussion) added 03.07.2012
    Changed interaction with Fog of War and chasing enemy units (discussion) added 06.07.2012
    Morphling can toggle Morph while being within Chronosphere (discussion) added 08.07.2012
    Shadow Poison affecting Disrupted Units (discussion) added 16.07.2012
    Refraction completely blocking damage and preventing Life Drain to heal Pugna (discussion) added 17.07.2012
    Huskar's Life Break can be canceled completly by Tossing him while he is charging (discussion) added 17.07.2012
    Psi Blades no longer spill item damage (dagon, diffusual) (discussion) added 19.07.2012
    Bouncing Glaives no longer bouncing back to their original targets (discussion) added 19.07.2012
    Neutrals attacking back when affected by Illumiate rather than fleeing (discussion) added 27.07.2012
    Homing Missle can not be controlled before it launches (discussion) added 01.08.2012
    Gem of True Sight is inherited to Earth Spirit during Primal Split (discussion) added 11.08.2012
    Dealing more damage than a units maximum HP doesnt override Shallow Grave and Borrow Time anymore (no discussion yet) added 16.08.2012
    The duration of a refreshed Ghost Scepter is now correct (discussion) added 17.08.2012
    Hunter of the Night no longer gives ~2 seconds of ms/ias boni regardless of day/night time after skilling it (discussion) added 17.08.2012
    Pudge and Rubick hooking each other now hooks both heroes to the hooking heroes' position when the hook connects rather than when the hook is cast (discussion) added 18.08.2012
    Blademail reflects only damage that is actually done to the hero (and not reflected) (discussion) added 19.08.2012
    Items such as Gem of True Sight work when units are being hidden (e.g. Naix' Infest) (discussion) added 19.08.2012
    Sven's stun is no longer dodgeable by dagger and leap (discussion) added 24.08.2012
    Hex no longer pauses the duration of transformation spells (discussion) added 29.08.2012
    Blood Bath procs for units transmuted by midas (discussion) added 29.08.2012
    Track no longer awards bounty after being dispelled (discussion) added 03.09.2012
    Headress Aura working on Ancient Player units (Primal Spirits, Spirit Bear, ...) (discussion) added 06.09.2012
    Refraction does not block lethal hp-removal damage (discussion) added 07.09.2012
    Player Controlled Creeps now have collision size (discussion) added 14.09.2012
    It's possible to pass under a airborne unit (e.g. torrented, impaled, cyclone) (discussion) added 15.09.2012
    Cleaned up Interaction between Telekinesis and repositioning spells (e.g. Meathook) (discussion) added 21.09.2012
    It is possible to morph a stat to 0 with Morphling (discussion) added 24.09.2012
    Buyback costs are no longer rounded down (discussion) added 24.09.2012
    Chronosphere affects units in it's aoe instantanious rather than in intervals (discussion) added 26.09.2012
    Certain debuffs (anchor smash, timewalk) no longer kill certain units (mega ranged, forge spirits) instantly (source) added 26.09.2012
    Chain Lightning based spells (Chain Lighting, Fadebolt, etc) are now in sync between animation and damage rather than dealing instant damage (discussion) added 31.10.2012
    Units affected by Axe's Battly Cry can no longer change their units behaviour by issueing stop or halt commands (discussion) added 27.11.2012
    Haunt illusions are no longer able to attack when under the effect of Song of the Siren (discussion) added 01.02.2013
    Dark Pact & Kraken Shell now remove napalm completely - it is no longer restorable with new napalm stacks (discussion) added 08.02.2013
    Familiars are no longer hit by Cleave (Patch Notes) added 05.03.2013
    Flak Cannons & Split Shot no longer hit Nightmared units (discussion, discussion) added 09.03.2013
    Flak Cannons no longer hit couriers (discussion) added 14.03.2013
    Illusions benefit from transformationspells such as EDF or Shapeshift (discussion) added 17.04.2013
    Buying Items such as Wards/Gem/Smoke at the enemy base sets counters and cooldown at the allied shop (discussion) added 01.05.2013
    It's no longer possible to convert Echo Stomp "sleep" into a regular stun (discussion) added 13.05.2013
    Pudge's Dismember (also aghanims version) now has the same Duration and number of damage ticks against creeps of all levels (discussion) added 13.05.2013
    Indestructable items such as gem or rapier are not attackable (discussion) added 09.06.2013
    Huskar's Berserker's Blood calculates its magic resistance continously instead of using multiples of 4% (discussion) added 13.06.2013
    Bash stun and damage interaction with magic immunity has been changed (discussion) added 14.06.2013
    Items do no longer block the path of invisible units (discussion) added 23.06.2013
    Glimpse and Timelapse reseting heroes by the correct interval now (discussion) added 04.07.2013
    Spell Stealing Eclipse uses the Level of Lucent Beam that was used originally as opposed to always using Level 4 Lunar Beam (discussion) added 09.07.2013
    Abaddon's Apothic Shield is now castable on doomed units, but doesnt remove Doom anymore (discussion) added 13.07.2013
    Glyph of Fortification now blocks every damage by 100% instead of reducing it to ~0.5 damage. (discussion)
    Fury Swipes lasts too short on Roshan (discussion) added 22.01.2014
    Sticky Napalm is no longer only partially dispeled (discussion) added 23.01.2014
    Doom can be casted on doomed units (discussion) added 31.1.2014
    Invoker's Cyclone lifts invisible units (discussion) added 1.2.2014
    Nether Ward now always triggers before a spell actually goes off, instead of being inconsistent (discussion) added 1.2.2014
    Can't cast Ball Lightning during Ball Lightning (Discussion) added 7.2.2014
    Damage block reduces Aghs-less Focus Fire after the damage reduction (Discussion) added 9.2.2014
    Ground couriers immediatly upgrade to flying couriers when the recipe is in the game (Discussion)added 14.2.2014
    Heroes gain exp from denied units while being banished/hidden (discussion) added 18.2.2014
    Shiva's Guard Arctic Blast hits invisible units (Discussion) added 22.2.2014
    Mana Shield no longer ignores Caustic Final damage (discussion) added 22.2.2014
    Ice Blast debuff is unpurgable (discussion)
    Enchant Totem stacks with double damage rune (discussion)
    Tombstone zombies no longer are affected by Kinetic Field (Discussion)

-
    Last edited by bu3ny; 07-16-2014 at 09:33 AM.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    nobobody thinks this is necessary?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Hmm, I consider making this a sticky, would you maintain and update the thread posting every intended change?

You can most likely add the removal of fake bashes with illusions to this list.

Sandstorm does not work on Neutrals
    Neutrals do not sleep at night (Not sure about this one)
    Last edited by UnAVA; 03-29-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairraider View Post
    Hmm, I consider making this a sticky, would you maintain and update the thread posting every intended change?

You can most likely add the removal of fake bashes with illusions to this list.
    sure i can.

Quote Originally Posted by UnAVA View Post
    Sandstorm does not work on Neutrals
    Neutrals do not sleep at night (Not sure about this one)
    i am pretty sure both are no fixes but oversights (development steps). Sandstorm is not working because creeps dont yet evade aoe spells.
    Last edited by blash365; 10-30-2012 at 09:58 PM.

--- (read pm) ---
    Last edited by Chairraider; 03-29-2012 at 04:31 AM.

I said I consider sticking it, not that I already want to do it. Because really most of the stuff is already listed and I am currently trying to make up my mind if it's necessary.

Basic Member
    what? no passives work under silence?

That would be a pretty big bug actually... (don't post in this thread about silence though, make or search for a seperate thread on the issue in brainstorming if needed).

Basic Member
    wasnt able to add all fixes from the top of my head. will add more, if i find/remember them.

about the things listed in "need confirmation": sometimes it's unclear, if it's an indented fix or a bug, since there are no official statements yet (->pudge rot).