View Poll Results: Is issuing an "Attack Order" when denying allied creeps, antiquated?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, issuing an attack command when denying allied creeps serves no purpose.

1 100.00%
  • No, issuing an attack command when denying creeps is useufl.

0 0%
  • I haven't thought about it.

0 0%

Thread: Why is the attack-command required when denying creeps?

Question Why is the attack-command required when denying creeps?

I've been playing since 2005, and I've always found it really pointless that when denying allied-creeps we're required to press the attack button before targeting it. ...Maybe it's a relic from WC3-DotA, but I really don't want to have to enter a command to deny an allied creep anymore [in DotA 2]: I just want to right-click on it [like any enemy] when its health is at the appropriate level.

I think an option should be added, probably to players who have "Auto-Attack" set to off.

Ofc, if this change were implemented: players should not be allowed to deny creeps belonging to allied heroes, unless an intentional attack command is issued by that player (thus signaling the players' intents/motives [good stuff for replays, & abuse]).

So I ask you: "What's the point of issuing the "Attack Command" before denying an allied creep?" ...Shouldn't we simply be able to right-click on the creep like any enemy unit; what other meaningful interactions do players ever have with allied creeps???

There is a console command already for right click deny.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snow View Post
    So I ask you: "What's the point of issuing the "Attack Command" before denying an allied creep?" ...Shouldn't we simply be able to right-click on the creep like any enemy unit; what other meaningful interactions do players ever have with allied creeps???
    Right-click issues the "follow unit" command which would overlap with the deny command. I agree that these are rare cases, but it would confuse especially newcomers to have two (3) different actions on the same command depending on the context.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snow View Post
    Ofc, if this change were implemented: players should not be allowed to deny creeps belonging to allied heroes, unless an intentional attack command is issued by that player (thus signaling the players' intents/motives [good stuff for replays, & abuse]).
    I don't understand this.
    I'm watching you!
    Spoiler: 

dota_force_right_click_attack 1
    Welcome to Left 4 Portal Strike of the Fortress 2: Episode 3.

It's on the common suggestions list and has been discussed a lot already.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads