Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Console and Bind Settings

oh yea lets not forget fixing mat_viewscaleport and have a working value to toggle the killcam/add this to the UI.

Basic Member
    Could you please let us enable the console in this new settings panel? It's always a big ordeal with my friends to get them to enable the console out of game.

Also, having dota_force_right_click_attack and dota_minimap_misclick_time as settings would be great, as those are very commonly used console commands.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    ? there's a hotkey for console in options already.
    The hotkey is there, but the console is not actually enabled by default. In all other Source games, you have to find an option to enable it, usually under keyboard settings. However, no such option is yet in game, so you have to enable the console out of game first. It should be an easy fix to hook up a setting to con_enable 0 and 1 for Valve.

that's pretty simple to do for them, just changing con_enable to 1 by default when the config is created. though its not exactly a feature for the average user nor really required by default. kinda a coin flip if they actually change that.

I d like to have an option to change couriers legacy hotkeys

Quote Originally Posted by thefreeman View Post
    The ability to disable alt+click (not on the minimap) from pinging. Coming from HoN I have my inventory bound to alt+qwe and I am constantly pinging when I eat a tree, blink dagger, teleport, etc.
    I would love to see this option implemented.
    For the same reason as the OP stated, I keep (unwillingly) pinging the map while using some of my items.

Basic Member
    Reallyy?, are there players denying creeps only with right click?, this is unfair... why are u letting do this?, I'm new playing Steams games and the users can modify the games???, really???. Nice balance for the new ones who don't know "How Modify the steam games"..... Sad.........

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSnoopie View Post
    GUI access to dota_force_right_click_attack and dota_disable_range_finder would be nice =D. Also binding specific items rather than positions for store hotkeys.
    +1 for the rangefinder, though i would place the red part at the tip of the arrow, because it's easily hidden by the hero for small values as it is right now.

EDIT
    The Slidebar for the Renderquality is odd: By default it is placed just above the 100% and you can't see that it is further moveable to the right. This lead some people to not know why their graphics seem so blurry with the last patch when it got reset for many.
    It would be great if you could widen the line to the very right so the slider will only overlap it if it really reaches the maximum/minimum.
    Last edited by Pfanne; 04-12-2012 at 09:35 AM.

I would very much appreciate a UI option for when the player presses Hold Position to also Hold Attack, making it similar to it's behavior in HoN. I realize I could just turn off Auto-Attack, but it is not the same by any means.

It is really the only feature I miss from that game, and with the support DotA has been giving I feel it would not be too much to ask for such an option. Would really appreciate it
    Trot along