Thread: [Fan story]Squee, Splee and Spoon - the Techies

[Fan story]Squee, Splee and Spoon - the Techies

Okay, first things first: I know that VALVe will probably not take the names of the old Techies from DotA and will probably not make them Goblins. The latter is fine with me, although I'd like them to be little Goblins again, and I simply cut the "Goblin" out of their name. The name themselves can obviously be changed, but I decided to keep thim and the concept of a three man group for the simple reason that I like the names and because I really think that the model is very unique and should stay like this.
    I am pretty sure that VALVe didn't even work on Techies yet and that makes me sad and I cry a little everytime before I go to bed because of that.
    My thoughts on lore for our beloved little hero busters:

»It was the darkest night of years as the attackers ran over the village. They set the little huts on fire and butchered the people. It was in this very night, that a woman -who was able to escape with a great portion of luck and her husband sacrificing himself- gave birth to her three little sons, just barely out of the enemies range of sight. On top of a hill she saw the burning village and it was the last she ever saw. For her sons however it was the first.
    Found by folks from the Knollen valleys the three bothers are the last of their kind, distant relatives to those who raised them. But they were always strangers in the Knollen valleys, never full members of the leery people they grew up with.
    As the years passed the three brothers researched the origins of their names: Squee, Splee and Spoon. It was obvious that they weren't born in the valleys and so they explored the mountains to the south, the border to Quoidge, the rotten kingdom, long gone but still fueling war and hatred. All of the sudden and with sheer luck the three stumbled across the remains of an old village. And they remembered what they saw.
    They went back to the valleys, asking the old folks to teach them how to battle, especially with fire. Still no adults, but neither children anymore the three were soon enough experimenting with gunpowder and fire, mastering the arts of mining and bombing. Not to get revenge, not to seek those who destroyed their village and killed their family. But to defend those, who should never suffer the same fate as them.
    The valley folks gave them their name: They are the Techies. And they are ready to blow up everyone, whose feet are crossing their borders without permission.«

Thoughts? The way it's written now makes if of course pretty obvious that Sniper and Techies have some sort of relationship, with lesser extinct even Gyro and Tinker (being distant racial relatives). It has enough freedom in it to make the Techies look like what VALVe wants and if the VALVefrogs plan to make them belong to the same race as Sniper & Co it would turn out fine, too.
    Of course this is far from perfect and just a story that a total Techies-fanboy wrote. I'd like some people that have more DOTA2 lore knowledge than me to have a look at it, does it even work like that (regarding the places mentioned, etc) ?
    Comments and reviews would be highly appreciated!

Nice wording at the beginning, gets all too simple at the end. The story itself, though... I-M-O, you should put something about each individual Techie in there, to give them a more distinctive personality. I kiiind of like the premise, but it's raw, a bit too raw.

I'm thinking they'll most likely be the same race as Sniper, Tinker and Clockwerk due to their proclivity of choosing technology over magic.

I always felt they should have more of a 3 stooges kind of dynamic. Squee being the oldest or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by tru_power22 View Post
    I always felt they should have more of a 3 stooges kind of dynamic. Squee being the oldest or something along those lines.
    Well, in my mind they are different looking at least, even if they're siblings/twins. I always imagine the new Techies kinda like this:

As you can see in my mind they are -physically- more related to someone like Batrider (look at the noses!) and that would be one of the reasons why the Keen folk is not exactly loving them.

Basic Member
    3 brother? I didn't know that. I thought it was 2 but never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Over View Post
    3 brother? I didn't know that. I thought it was 2 but never mind.
    The 3rd one is always inside the barrel.
    Hurrr Durrr, Herp Derp

I also thought the techies would be in Sniper's race, although maybe youths.