Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing low priority

Basic Member

Removing low priority

Ok, my internet connection failed ~ 20th minute of a game, i was playing with viper... rather well i could say, i disconnected and then reconnected ~35th - 40th minute.
    We won the game but apparently someone reported me for leaving the match.
    Is it possible to remove that low priority ? because it doesn't seem fair to be punished once i did not cost my team the game.

match id : 12327867

Banned
    you can't get reported for leaving a match

you had an abandon added to your stats and got added to low priority. it doesn't matter if you left a game by accident or on purpose, the result is the same. I don't think anyone would argue that it's fair, it's just there to pressure people into not leaving/reconnecting to games

You didn't get into low priority for just the one game. Everyone has a record with abandon, report, and commendation information. If you have been consistently leaving games and consistently been reported, you will go into the low priority queue. I do not know what their decision-process/algorithm is, but it's definitely not "1 abandon -> low-priority"

To clarify what the others are saying, if you were gone more than 5 minutes total, you get an abandon, even if you reconnected and were there when the game ends. Low Priority is for both Abandons and Reporting, so it was probably due to the abandon.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    It's rather frustrating because i have a lowsy internet connection at best and game fails just randomly. I think i have 10 abandons in 350+ matches so i usually don't leave. Eh, i'll just enjoy my low priority for 24 h.

Thank you for your replies and maybe meet you in game

Banned
    If your internet connection is lousy, that's not our problem - if you choose to play with a bad connection, you are putting the game at risk for 9 other people. If you abandon it because you disconnect, then you should realise your connection is bad and not play, or accept the consequence.

That said, if the game randomly crashes, I think there should be some way of logging the crash so it can be sent to Valve. This of course is not your fault, but in 100 games I've had the game crash once, so at the very least, if you get regular crashes, try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Basic Member
    i think that the serch should be long like it is but when there is a 9/10 rmk it should search in a high praiority, i once w8 2 h for a game, all the time 9/10 and search 20 min again and again

Banned
    No, definitely not. If it's 9/10 rmk and then low priority goes to high priority, you are allowing them back in the normal pool -> leavers in non-leaver queue. This defeats the purpose of the low priority queue - to remove the leavers from playing with people who don't leave.

Basic Member
    steam : Shavia1...disconnect and get abadoned!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    Ok, my internet connection failed ~ 20th minute of a game, i was playing with viper... rather well i could say, i disconnected and then reconnected ~35th - 40th minute.
    We won the game but apparently someone reported me for leaving the match.
    Is it possible to remove that low priority ? because it doesn't seem fair to be punished once i did not cost my team the game.

match id : 12327867
    Nobody gives a shit about the reason why you left the game (even if you reconnected 20 minutes later). If you do so, or afk 5+ min, you get an abandon - end of story. The only people who are sympathetic are other leavers or afkers.

It's rather frustrating because i have a lowsy internet connection at best and game fails just randomly.
    The low priority queue puts you with other people who also have 'lowsy internet connections'. And the rest of us dont have to play with you and risk the game being ruined. Whats the problem? This seems fair to me.
    Last edited by theringisMINE; 05-06-2012 at 06:11 PM.