Symmetrical UI round 2: Photoshop edition.
So I got photoshop and had a second go at my symmetrical UI. I used ideas from bQvleztar and Nail Azuma.
Frist thread is here: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=32620
- Both halves (left and right from a vertical centre line) of the UI take up the same amount of screen space.
- Mana/HP and Skills all centred.
- Mini map is the same size as the items/shop/courier/glyph/etc.
- Removed unwanted space on the bottom and top.
- Menu and K/D/A LH/D are the same size
- Hero Portrait and stats are similar sizes.
- The items/shop/courier/glyph/etc. takes up WAY less space than the new UI.
- If they do put a UI scale bar in the options, symmetry makes the scaling easier.
Last edited by dylanevans; 04-27-2012 at 01:49 PM.
I like the positioning of the portrait, abilities, and stats.
inspiredbyothers.jpg I made a quick copy paste, if someone with talent makes this pretty I'm sold!
Last edited by krazee; 04-28-2012 at 07:16 AM.
whoo i like the idea, the position of the portrait, skills, etc are OK. mmm xDD
This is just perfect! i really love symmetry in UIs
I simply cannot fathom how awesome this looks, i want this in game now
This idea is a good step to a great HUD.
You should post this in the other thread as well, there seems to be more people noticing your old thread.
Its way better but I still don't like the rocky look. It just does not look or feel right to me but I can get use to it.
I like it! I liked the new HUD but this is even better.
Yea this isn't really about the rocks though. This is more a positioning / size / layout type of experiment.
I'm pretty sure that Valve is going to have multiple UI themes based around one lay-out. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dire and Radiant themed UIs in the future, or hero themed UIs that you can purchase from the store. They just have to decide on a solid layout first.