Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Low Priority MatchMaking

Basic Member

Low Priority MatchMaking

Low priority is a really good addition to the game, which helps quitters and ragers to be punished.

But there should be a system where the game will check if you left/quit the game or lagged out. I have 4 abandoned games, 2 of them were with bots so its ok, but 2 of them i lagged out since internet stopped working. When it resumed, i was in low priority for 2 days :|
    And thats kind of frustrating, since I didn't rage quit or leave, i shouldn't be put in Low Priority.

Isnt there a way that the game checks when the ping goes way too much above normal, that indicates the player lagged/dced out and didn't quit?

I apologize if this was already created.

Banned
    Pretty sure there are a dozen other threads like this.

1. It's too abusable - just unplug your modem to get the same effect.
    2. Whenever you left, you screwed the game over for 9 other people. Ultimately, while it might not seem like your fault that your internet dced, it is more your fault than the other 9 people. It is your responsibility to get a reliable connection, because no one wants to play with people who will disconnect, whether or not its your fault. Pretty much, if I knew your net was going to disconnect, and I saw you in the game, I would leave in the loadscreen so I wouldn't have to play with you. Essentially, this puts the people with bad net with other people with bad net. If your net is bad, either a) fix/change it so it isn't, or b) accept that you will also play with other people with bad net. Simple as that.

Basic Member
    Instead of discussing, you are simply implying its completely my fault... No dude, its not. I got a pretty good reliable connection that i have been playing Dota for 6 years. Do you think i am a 13 year old kid?
    , good lord, i dont even wanna argue with you. These are beta dev forums so i suggested what came to my mind, stop ridiculing me, like i am a rage quitter.

I am talking about bad luck, and not bad internet. Your statements mean i have no decent net. What about electricity failure? what about restarting router? what about battery draining on laptop? Under those circumstances, its not about bad internet or me being quitter, its bad luck, and that shouldnt be punished by 24 hours of low priority hell, thats all i wanna say,.
    Last edited by ElderBuu; 04-30-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Does not matter whose fault it is.. Its because of you 9 ppl's fun got ruined.. and hence you should be held accountable...
    †André†

Banned
    they should reward people for leaving one sided games, period

why punish people for the matchmaking system not working?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hellohihey View Post
    they should reward people for leaving one sided games, period

why punish people for the matchmaking system not working?
    So if it looks like you're losing, just intentionally feed to make the game one sided and then leave?

Banned
    The point still stands that you abandoned a game and ruined it for 9 other people.

A quick search on these forums will reveal that in fact, if you abandon a single game, there is no penalty - you won't be in the low priority queue for ONE abandoned game. So this is leeway for you to get unlucky in. After a while, you can abandon another with no penalty as well, after a consistent streak of not leaving.

If you leave a second game within some short period of time, you will enter the low priority queue. To get to this stage, it means that you got unlucky once, and knowing your connection could die again, you still decided you would put another game with another 9 people at risk. If you have bad luck consistently, that's no longer luck - that's consistently just bad net, or bad power, or whatever is causing you to disconnect. Again, if you are choosing to queue despite possibly ruining the game for 9 other people, and you consistently ruin it, then I don't see why you shouldn't be placed with all the other game ruiners.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enai Siaion View Post
    So if it looks like you're losing, just intentionally feed to make the game one sided and then leave?
    no, just leave, no feeding

I personally don't see what's wrong with leaving a game you don't want to play in

I do it all the time. sometimes I don't feellike playing wth another furion wh sits in the jungle all game and spams his ult. y aknow?

Basic Member
    @OP sorry to say that but your idea sounds good first but if you think about it then it does not. it will only lead to people leaving the game by disconnecting like plugging in wc3 which is very annoying.

-1 for this idea from me.

Whether chuah's wording was correct or not, he still stated the right facts. We all have been in the situation where our internet dies and we have to deal with low priority as a result, but the truth is, it is a necessary evil. Ohterwise, it would be very easy to bypass.

And unfortunately, the game was probably ruined for your 4 teammates (that probably had to leave and had a loss counted in their record. assuming you disconnected mid-game); even when I'm sure that you didn't do it maliciously.