Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you use text colors in the ingame chat?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PharCyDeD View Post
    Edit*: nevermind...I thought it would work in lobbies as well. Works in game, but what are the characters based on? Is there a list of colors I can get?
    It's ASCII control characters

How are they setup though? In his text on the copy/paste website there are multiple codes as the poster above my original post stated. How are we to know what order to arrange them in order to get a certain color?

Banned
    Latest tutorial I found on how do to it http://www.playdota.com/forums/blog.php?b=146964

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PharCyDeD View Post
    How are they setup though? In his text on the copy/paste website there are multiple codes as the poster above my original post stated. How are we to know what order to arrange them in order to get a certain color?
    Each color corresponds to a certain control character. You can't customize which color those character codes result in.

I have a list of all the colors and their corresponding ascii character (not hex value). I will post it up in a few hours when I get home.

Also, I will post up a tutorial on what the keyboard combinations are for all the colors, so that you can type it straight into the game without having to use a HEX editor or copy-paste things
    Last edited by PlausibleSarge; 05-21-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Banned
    The problem is where are you going to paste those. Ie, Citrix and Chromr can't see those characters unless you add a pack addon or something. Hex tut works fine. Easy to use
    Quote Originally Posted by PlausibleSarge View Post
    I have a list of all the colors and their corresponding ascii character (not hex value). I will post it up in a few hours when I get home.

Also, I will post up a tutorial on what the keyboard combinations are for all the colors, so that you can type it straight into the game without having to use a HEX editor or copy-paste things

Quote Originally Posted by natethegr8 View Post
    The problem is where are you going to paste those. Ie, Citrix and Chromr can't see those characters unless you add a pack addon or something. Hex tut works fine. Easy to use
    If I pack them into a text file, people should be able to see the invisible characters if they are using a text editor made after the 90's (anything other than notepad)

Even if they can't, I will put the invisible characters inside [ and ] characters, so that people can copy-paste the whole block, and then backspace the 2 bracket characters

Sorry for the delay, I forgot to post them up last night

Basic Member
    You can download a font that supports ASCII symbols, for example: http://www.apollosoft.de/ASCII/indexen.htm
    and load them to your notepad / textmate.

Banned
    There is currently no mod functionality in Dota2 whatsoever. Your text in game is specifically whatever color you are on your team (If your blue, your text is blue. If your yellow, your text is yellow.) and outside the game its probably accessible via the console and normal chat commands.

Also, please never type "Setinfo name ----" to whatever it says for the ----. That will change your account name to whatever is listed there and your account is gone. Its an old phishing scam, or a joke that looks very similar to an old phishing scam.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandBreaker View Post
    Also, please never type "Setinfo name ----" to whatever it says for the ----. That will change your account name to whatever is listed there and your account is gone. Its an old phishing scam, or a joke that looks very similar to an old phishing scam.
    This is false. All it does is temporarily change your in-game name. It doesn't even change the name on your steam account. The part about phising...what? How does changing your IGN result in your account being stolen?