Page 103 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1528

Thread: Dota 2 Lore Megathread

One thing I noticed is that you didn't put the relation between Medusa and Zeus, since in Medusa's lines you can clearly tell that she already knows him and his brothers (like this line, or this one).

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibblebibble View Post
    Slark's Dark Pact skill lore now calls him a Slithereen. Seems like they're more of a conglomerate of races rather than one.
    I figured as much, since it felt awkward that siren was both a naga and a slithereen. Slithereen is probably just what all underwater races are reffered to, kinda like the land ones being earthlings.

Basic Member
    I was thinking since there are more clades of Trolls than just the Hill Trolls and Monger Trolls that maybe the Trolls of the Dezun Order, that go to the Nothl Realm (Dazzle and Huskar, if they are indeed Trolls.) could be of the clades of darkness and light.

Dazzle is a Dark Troll, as a reference to his older counterpart, and because he manipulates the light to create darkness. (or just call him a Shadow Troll in case it's a problem that there are Dark Trolls in warcraft.)

Huskar is a Light Troll due to his devotion to the gods, he was cursed with power because of his cousin Dazzle. There even seems to be a bit of a connection.

Dazzle worships dark while manipulating light.
    Huskar worships light (the gods) while being cursed with darkness (his powers).

Especially since the Dezun order is all about manipulating darkness and light it feels right.

The light-dark dichotomy just falls apart with Huskar, Banethulhu. That is to say, your theory is a bit of a stretch when it comes to relating Huskar's power to darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Banethulhu View Post
    I figured as much, since it felt awkward that siren was both a naga and a slithereen. Slithereen is probably just what all underwater races are reffered to, kinda like the land ones being earthlings.
    The Slithereens might also just refer to the population of a specific nation, in which all different creatures of these and those parts of the waters are ruled by their leaders. Let's call it... Slitherea.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
    The light-dark dichotomy just falls apart with Huskar, Banethulhu. That is to say, your theory is a bit of a stretch when it comes to relating Huskar's power to darkness.
    I was referring to darkness as a metaphor, because he dislikes having them, because he can no longer have a place among the gods.

Nevertheless I still think the connection of dazzle to darkness and huskar to light works.

Has anyone else noticed that Troll Warlord and Clinkz are from the same place?

Clinkz`s lore:
    At the base of the Bleeding Hills stretches a thousand-league woodóa place called The Hoven, where black pools gather the tarry blood of the uplands, and the king-mage Sutherex sits in benevolent rule. Once a sworn protector of the Hoven lands, Clinkz earned a reputation for his skill with a bow.
    Troll`s lore:
    As much as trolls love to argue, imagine how rare it is for a troll to be driven from his own kind for being too difficult to get along with. Such was Jah'rakal's fate, a monger troll from deep in the Hoven.

So Shadow Shaman is a (hill) troll, not a trowle ?

EDIT: And this line is used for what hero? "You remind me of me. I hate you most of all!"
    And I want to see for what heroes is he using that allies lines on DOTA2 wiki !
    Last edited by Adilmaru; 01-24-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banethulhu View Post
    I was referring to darkness as a metaphor, because he dislikes having them, because he can no longer have a place among the gods.

Nevertheless I still think the connection of dazzle to darkness and huskar to light works.
    No, his powers don't deny him his 'place' with the gods. His powers are a result of having come back from the Nothl Realms.

Huskar wants to die a glorious death in battle. Considering how myths centered on celebrating martial prowess go, the honor Huskar gained from dying his previous death earned him a place among his gods in whatever they consider to be heaven. However, since Dazzle brought him back to life, his death was rendered meaningless and he lost his honor. And now it just won't do for Huskar to die a normal death in a fight; he needs to die an incredible death.

Anyway, if we had to give an elemental theme to Huskar, fire would be the most fitting. Never mind the fact that all his skills are related to fire (Inner Vitality included, for reasons that should be self-evident to anyone who would take the time to look up metaphors and common symbols related to life); when Huskar was introduced, he was brought in with other fire themed heroes (Batrider and Jakiro, who is technically 1/2 fire themed).

Basic Member
    Then I must have misread his lore, so basically he was dead and brought back to life?