Page 143 of 153 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1528

Thread: Dota 2 Lore Megathread

Alright, I do mix up my daemon smiths sometimes.

Now, regarding Undying... that is a very interesting notion. I am not sure if Dota2wiki is entirely trustworthy, so if it stays that way for 2 more days, it's going it. This actually opens up something interesting - what if the Dead God is a daemon or closely connected to them? That's never been brought up. This could do something for the local undead population. Very, very strange.

Regarding AU, it's extremely likely that he'll be connected to the rest, though my bet is on that the Abyss is going to be something also daemonic, but not synonimous with the Seven Hells. Perhaps some rivalry between these factions.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

I believe that the Abyss is a somewhere deep underground but not Hell (if Hell is somewhere underground but IMO I think it is entirely different dimension).
    So if we think the Abyss is a kingdom underground, then maybe the Overlord, or lord there is called as Underlord instead because they might consider the deeper/lower the ground level, the higher the rank.

His place could be something like an ant nest that the lowest chamber of the nest is for the queen.

The reason that I think AU is not connected to the demon is because LC has separated voice line for him and does not use the same voice lines for the demon to talk to him (well yeah wiki again).
    "HUMAN ELEMENT"

I was thinking... maybe we are going to see some connections between Slardar and Abyssal Underlord ? Slardar is mentioning abyss few times, and Azgalor is... well Lord of the Abyss (probably)... But honestly I think this is just a coincidence ! =D

Are the Western Wails mentioned anywhere else? Both of Redhoof and Jadehoof hail from this area, and were used as the steeds by an 'Ancient Army' before the army met its demise in a final battle.
    Last edited by Drkirby; 02-08-2014 at 10:13 PM.

No, not yet, they will be once the items are properly updated. The name implies that the region is located in the Wailing Mountains, and that's one more little detail to add to the Wails' history.
    Last edited by 1337_n00b; 02-09-2014 at 12:30 AM.

Minor, but I noticed the new TA hair also mentions the Western Wails. "The Western Wails value beauty and efficiency in equal measure". At the very least I guess it implies the region is still inhabited.

Basic Member
    Could Warlock be an albino? It somehow seems very fitting

That's just another theory to add to the Warlock-not-being-a-red-Oglodi pile, along with "different race", "unblooded", "pale cos he spends all his time indoors", and "half-human".

Basic Member
    Looks like this thread was translated into a strange russian dota magazine. http://imgur.com/a/phpLL#ky4Cf9Z (Images 12 and 13)

EDIT: Looks like they did some of the location lore as well, visible later on in the album with hero portraits scattered in the text.
    Last edited by Opreich; 03-07-2014 at 03:35 AM.

Now that's mighty amusing. Reminds me that I should do something about turning it into a proper PDF file, with better images and everything.

Wish they'd have approached me, though (I don't think they have). I could have done the translation for them, some of the hero titles they came up with... ungh. And whole arrays of factual mistakes.
    Last edited by 1337_n00b; 03-07-2014 at 08:05 AM.