Page 2 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Lore Megathread

Necro having so much lines for Butcher and alot against Omni.. mb this should be mentioned in your list.
    Also i am not sure, but isnt Kotl the arch enemy of Necro? (i base this on Terrorblades movie)
    To correct 1 thing, Huskar HATES Dazzle... i would say that hates VS overrides the race &.

thats all so far, nice done
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttempest View Post
    Duh... its the IceFrog dude. Kinda like Chuck Norris just in Dota.

Yes, correct. I have actually somehow managed to swap the two around.

Necrolyte and Pudge/Omni sure are a very big rivalry, but that is only on the Necrolyte's part, and it is not influenced by lore. The rivalries shown here are all based on the lore first, and on the lines second.

Chaos Knight has a shrimpload of adversarial speech for KotL, and it really looks like that man will be mentioned in his lore when CK gets released.

In your connected heroes I do think you could add the following:

Ursa and Lone Druid are definitely connected as evidenced by their voice lines. It seems like Lone Druid trained Ursa or something to that end, he mentions losing a finger to Ursa but they still seem to be amicable according to their Ally lines.

It seems likely that the 'sadistic wizard' mentioned in Viper's lore is Pugna, when you think about it; Viper may be the reason why Pugna had died in his Lore. Plus, it wouldn't make sense if Viper was captured again by someone else (Pugna) and his first master was just some random guy. It just doesn't fit into the flow of Viper's story, if you know what I mean.

Just thought this should be mentioned.

I also have to say that the rivalry between Silencer and Chen's groups never made much sense to me. Honestly, it just seems like it was tacked on, if you get what I mean?

Oh, and finally, maybe Spirit Breaker, Leshrac, and Spectre should be classified as 'plane walkers' (Faceless Void as well, maybe, after reading his lore)? Since you mentioned the relation between Sniper, Tinker, and Clockwerk (and soon to be Gyrocopter as well) because of their race?
    Last edited by The_Codfish; 05-18-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
    It seems likely that the 'sadistic wizard' mentioned in Viper's lore is Pugna, when you think about it; Viper may be the reason why Pugna had died in his Lore.
    That's actually fitting with the voice lines, and would finally explain why Pugna is a flaming skeleton in the first place, if Viper melted his face off while escaping.

It seems likely that the 'sadistic wizard' mentioned in Viper's lore is Pugna, when you think about it; Viper may be the reason why Pugna had died in his Lore. Plus, it wouldn't make sense if Viper was captured again by someone else (Pugna) and his first master was just some random guy. It just doesn't fit into the flow of Viper's story, if you know what I mean.

Just thought this should be mentioned.
    I have argued with you before that this is most likely not the case.

Oh, and finally, maybe Spirit Breaker, Leshrac, and Spectre should be classified as 'plane walkers'? Since you mentioned the relation between Sniper, Tinker, and Clockwerk (and soon to be Gyrocopter as well) because of their race?
    The mention of Sniper, Tinker and Clockwerk is because it is specifically mentioned in Clockwerk's lore. Not the case for Spirit Breaker, Leshrac and Spectre. In fact, we don't even know what Spectre is. Her lore only says that she is 'being of intense and violent energy'.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

Mmmm. Yeah, I read that. I pretty much disagreed with your interpretation and left it at that.

Since it seems like Valve's staff are looking at this thread, I think it'd be nice if one of them came here and just settled this matter. Like Kosmo did with Beastmaster and Lycan's connection.

Pugna actually refers to Viper as a pet in his voice responses.

The truth is, as far as I am concerned, Pugna's lore was slightly different around the International. It, in fact, told the story of Viper's master - the capture, the magic and the death. It was, however, changed soon afterwards.

But the lines stayed.
    ---
    A good find about Ursa and Lone Druid, I'm adding that.

Were the lines removed from the game?