Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Shop layout & suggestions (Dota 1 legacy shops)

[Suggestion] Shop layout & suggestions (Dota 1 legacy shops)

The current shop layout is kinda tricky since it's very hard to memorize where an item is placed. I have played dota for many years and been in the beta since november and I still find it hard to find items from time to time. So therefor I suggest dividing the shops a bit more and organizing them according to how they were in wc3 dota. This will make it easier for both hard core dota players (which are used to the wc3 dota's system) as well as newer players which will have a better overview. Added a second version for the upgraded shop because people complained about too much spaced being used. With this new layout almost no space is wasted and we will have a much better quick buy option.

Along with this I would like to suggest to:
    • Swap between the Basic shop and the Upgrade shop by Ctrl+Tab
    • Change name on Armor shop to Protectorate or Defensive, all of the items in the shop dosn't provide armor.
    • Quick buy option
      • All hotkeys can be set by the players so I just give a suggestion now.
      • B: Enter shop and Ctrl+B to enter quick buy. When in quickbuy your normal hotkeys for attacking, using spells etc are disabled.
      • QW-AS-ZX to enter Common-Artifacts, Support-Weapons and Caster-Armor.
      • Each categorical grid is mapped to the keys under your left hand (QWER-ASDF-ZXCV)
      • To quickbuy Bracer you would: Ctrl+B, Q & Z
        Credits to scout_

VERSION 1

VERSION 2 (old)

Credits to smoto

is this the exact same order it is in wc3?
    Really neatly arranged! +1

Quote Originally Posted by Bashtime View Post
    is this the exact same order it is in wc3?
    Really neatly arranged! +1
    Yes except that Aegis isn't in the armor shop anymore. They removed it from the shop totally in dota 2, if you are intrested I could add in the aegis also. I think it serves some purpose to learn new players about roshans existance and what he does.

Your advanced shops look awesome. But can you do me a favor?
    Could you please make same picture where items are structured my way for comparison?

structure.jpg
    I restructured protectorate now to

Physical EHP
    Magical EHP
    Real HP values

protectorate.jpg

Last edited by Bashtime; 05-24-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Basic Member
    Looks great! +1

It should be as a third shop view instead of replacing the current one completely, though.

Basic Member
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

the shop is THE ONLY THING that is VERY DIFFERENT from dota 1 to dota 2. I can buy items SIGNIFICANTLY QUICKER in dota 1 even tough i have to click through like 5 different vendors simply because I KNOW WHERE STUFF IS.

in dota 2 i spend ~20 seconds looking for a meka in a completely foreign environment laid out almost randomly- and whats more, they change the goddamn icon every 2 weeks. Even though its literally 1 click, it takes me 5 times the time.

One last thing that bugs me- Dota 1- have a courier at home, buy boots, press t, get boots

dota 2- have a courier at home, buy boots, press t, COURIER IGNORES ORDERS (because it defaults to buying it on your stash for some idiotic reason, even if courier is in range). whats worse is when you actually have like 1 gg branch on that courier. it will walk/fly all the way to you before you realize that for some reason you have to specifiy that you want it on your courier

Basic Member
    Good idea.

supp this but as 3rd layout possibility - a lot of ppl already got used to the 2 new layouts

Banned
    +1 epic idea i was wondering if you can shop with hotkeys?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashtime View Post
    Your advanced shops look awesome. But can you do me a favor?
    Could you please make same picture where items are structured my way for comparison?

structure.jpg
    I restructured protectorate now to

Physical EHP
    Magical EHP
    Real HP values

protectorate.jpg
    +1