Thread: game stuck at "connecting to the dota2 network"

Basic Member

game stuck at "connecting to the dota2 network"

My dota2 has been problematic since ogre patch. Yesterday I had massive disconnects that even disrupts some web pages, and today I just can't get in dota2 as I stuck at "connecting to the dota2 network". I somehow get in the game once, played a mm game , then the mm game won't properly close as I was asked to reconnect. After I force quit dota2 I can't ever get in again and stuck at connecting to the dota2 network.

Damn still? I had that connecting to the dota2 network about 2 hours ago and went to go play Diablo 3 instead. I think it's server issues, though I haven't had any massive disconnects in the past day/so. I think if my game held on for 10 minutes later, the server woulda crashed and that game wouldn't have counted. Damn my veno for AFKing and not helping us survive -_-.

Basic Member
    Im having the same problem, going to try verifying game cache....people seem to the streaming playing on europe servers though so is it really servers?

Same here, and verified files too.

(Restarting Steam worked, but the console still throwing a lot of errors)
    Last edited by KilluaYoukai; 05-25-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Basic Member
    Hey all,

A mate of mine had the same issue this morning, we did some basic steps to resolve the issue.

First we restarted the computer and steam which didn't work, when then tried to re verify the files and it didn't work. After that I got him to follow the clean reinstall procedure (http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=30386), after that he had no issues. That worked for us so I hope it works for the rest of you.

Basic Member
    I'm experiencing this problem, but reinstalling is probably the last thing I'm gonna do.

Edit: Restart Steam - that's the advice I got and it worked.
    Last edited by vodoun; 05-25-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Having the same problem here. Sometimes when you restart steam it gets in. I can only imagine I'm trying to get inside a game room in garena.