If you are having issues with game sounds/voice, please verify your cache
If you are experiencing a bug or issue with voice and sound, including hero dialog playing at an incorrect time (i.e. hearing "Manta style!" when casting a spell), or voice cues that seem to be missing entirely, please verify your game cache files and re-test the bug before filing a bug report.
Verifying your game cache files will ensure that the files in your installation are all present, and all up to date.
To verify your game cache files:
- Open your Steam library and right-click on Dota 2.
- Select "Properties" from the menu.
- In the Properties window, navigate to the the "Local Files" tab.
- Press the "Verify integrity of game cache..." button.
- Allow the process to run its course.
If Steam finds any errors or inconsistencies with your files, they will be fixed once the verification is complete. Once this is done, please double-check the error you were receiving.
If the bug is still occurring after verifying your cache, please let us know and we'll be happy to look into it!
P.S. Generally speaking, verifying your cache is a great first step in troubleshooting problems for all Steam games.
Last edited by KrisK; 05-29-2012 at 11:36 AM.