Thread: Frost + lifesteal in DOTA 2: It worked in D1, why not in D2?

Question Frost + lifesteal in DOTA 2: It worked in D1, why not in D2?

Yes I am fully aware that orbs do not stack, however, if you consult the orb stacking list on www.playdota.com or try it out in dota 1, you will find that frost effect (drow ranger's arrows or eye of skadi) and orb lifesteal (on a ranged hero) is supposed to be stackable. Why does this not work in dota 2? Is there a reason for it?

Quote Originally Posted by teh_rockerer View Post
    Yes I am fully aware that orbs do not stack, however, if you consult the orb stacking list on www.playdota.com or try it out in dota 1, you will find that frost effect (drow ranger's arrows or eye of skadi) and orb lifesteal (on a ranged hero) is supposed to be stackable. Why does this not work in dota 2? Is there a reason for it?
    You answered your own question. I do not believe this is in the list of common bugs either, I'm sure this is likely working as intended. The exception of orbs stacking is Spirit bear + Orb of Venom. I'm sure there's another one or two somewhere but that's the only exception that comes to mind.

There is an exception to Eye of skadi working with lifesteal (only to ranged heroes)
    Also eye of skadi works with searing arrows. Are you sure it doesn't work ?
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Additionally, only ranged Eye of Skadi stacked with lifesteal in D1. Drow's frost arrows do not stack.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trena99 View Post
    There is an exception to Eye of skadi working with lifesteal (only to ranged heroes)
    It was for both melee and range last time I tried it (which admittedly is a while ago) and I don't recall any patch note 'fixing' that one.

And OP, if you'd look at the list, you'll also see there's no BOTH on Frost Arrow + Lifesteal.

The combination that worked were Ranged Skadi or Orb of Venom + Searing Arrow or Lifesteal.

DotA2 right now have Skadi with Lifesteal (both range/melee) and Skadi with Searing, but Orb of Venom no longer stack with anything.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Dragon Knight in ult level 3 stacks with lifesteal as well, and I believe it does in D2 also.

Quote Originally Posted by trena99 View Post
    Im pretty sure that it works for melee too atm in dota 2.