Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Item Trading Area Suggestion

The rating was 1 becouse 1 person rated the thread(not "most people"). Could any1 explain why a trading place would destroy the game? There is no way to afk farm items and they drop pretty rarely from what I see. I don't see a list of trades as a bad thing.

Basic Member
    Hey guys! There should be a place where Dota 2 items can be traded - since they were added recently, there is no such place on the internets. That is why I made this forum: http://dota2traders.forumotion.com/

Some risk is always involved, but I will do my best to keep everything legit and fight off any spammers scammers or other similar scum. With your help we can build a community around Dota 2 item trading.

As you can see this a completely independent project made out of love for Dota 2. I do not stand to make any profits. In fact, there is an opening items giveaway in progress If you would be so kind as to visit, I would be very grateful. Here is the link again for your convenience http://dota2traders.forumotion.com/

+1

Basic Member
    A proper auction house would be really nice. Make it easy to find exactly what ya want.

I'm bumping this because it is sorely needed. Way too much of a hassle right now to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by callizer View Post
    +1

It would be good if we know the value of the items instantly so the trades will be more fair. And this is should be in game as well.
    For example:

That doesn't make it more fair. Store values are irrelevant to "black market" values. This is time tested in TF2, wherein a weapon may cost $5 in the store but is only worth ~3-5 cents in game trading.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Stover View Post
    That doesn't make it more fair. Store values are irrelevant to "black market" values. This is time tested in TF2, wherein a weapon may cost $5 in the store but is only worth ~3-5 cents in game trading.
    Valve is aware of the black market values much better than we all are.

http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/econo...ess-2-economy/

A "Trading House" would work perfectly if Valve gave us an official "spreadsheet".

Honestly, other than a couple closed communities I don't even bother trading, too many people out there who just want to waste my time trying to get my items for cheap.

If you aren't checking prices 24/7 you won't find fair trades. Valve should get their hands on trading to make it a lot less frustrating for people who don't want to spend so much time on trading communities.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.ioes View Post
    I bet there's a trade channel ingame you could use.
    But most people spam in all the general channels though. They must have their own area, not only a single chat room.

Traders must feel like that there is a place for them that is by far the best place for them to place their offers and needs in order to trade properly. We should give them this area so they leave other players alone in the general chats.

Quote Originally Posted by dkne View Post
    Valve is aware of the black market values much better than we all are.

http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/econo...ess-2-economy/

A "Trading House" would work perfectly if Valve gave us an official "spreadsheet".

Honestly, other than a couple closed communities I don't even bother trading, too many people out there who just want to waste my time trying to get my items for cheap.

If you aren't checking prices 24/7 you won't find fair trades. Valve should get their hands on trading to make it a lot less frustrating for people who don't want to spend so much time on trading communities.
    I don't think you know how economies work if you think Valve can create an "official spreadsheet."

+1, chat went from bad to worse.
    Doing a great job Valve!