Thread: [bug] shop items at first purchase "attached" to mouse pointer

Basic Member

[bug] shop items at first purchase "attached" to mouse pointer

Dear Sirs,
    yesterday on 2 different games, just as the match started, I opened as always the shop to buy the items.
    Then I right click to purchase and there the problems start. The "tango" icon stays "attached" to my mouse and I cannot click anything anymore.
    On one game another icon (a mana potion) stays floating on the screen as well and i cannot get rid of neither of the two. Cannot buy, cannot drag to quickbuy bar, cannot do anything except pause and restart the game. This solved the problem.
    I use a razer Naga and Nostromo, if it helps. Didn't have any problems up to now, so I guess it's something on the last patch.

Feel free to ask if you need other details, unfortunatly i have no screenshots.

Same thing by me. it's hero and Item Independent I think. It happened to me in normal and in a game with Bots. Different heroes, different Items. I am not sure if this is a visual bug but it's there not for long. I haven't seen it before, and there were others in the game chat that knew about it. From there experience and mine it seems it happens if you click on the item at the begging of the game and very fast ... all players are doing that so it's common to happen. It's not the Item that sticks, but the Item Icon that pop up like a tool tip when you point the item in the shop and try to perches it . Once the Icon is on your cursor you cant click, because it's an object that blocks it. It appears as a wall between the pointer of the cursor and the Map. If you move your cursor it follows almost straight behind on Map Terrain. Just enough so you can make right clicks. If your cursor is in menus, you cant click at all. Your only option is to exit Dota 2 and start it again. (It also follows you in the main Interface)
    2012-06-05_00001.jpg

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalblade View Post
    Same thing by me. it's hero and Item Independent I think. It happened to me in normal and in a game with Bots. Different heroes, different Items. I am not sure if this is a visual bug but it's there not for long. I haven't seen it before, and there were others in the game chat that knew about it. From there experience and mine it seems it happens if you click on the item at the begging of the game and very fast ... all players are doing that so it's common to happen. It's not the Item that sticks, but the Item Icon that pop up like a tool tip when you point the item in the shop and try to perches it . Once the Icon is on your cursor you cant click, because it's an object that blocks it. It appears as a wall between the pointer of the cursor and the Map. If you move your cursor it follows almost straight behind on Map Terrain. Just enough so you can make right clicks. If your cursor is in menus, you cant click at all. Your only option is to exit Dota 2 and start it again. (It also follows you in the main Interface)
    2012-06-05_00001.jpg
    ^this

Basic Member
    I registered today to post that bug. It's the first that it happens to me and i was handicaped due to cursor problems. I have a screenshot to show the situation.

Basic Member
    Oh did not see this. Yes same thing for me.
    Thanks for picking up Dota 2 valve guys!

Got this Bug yesterday too. Had to restart Dota 2 to fix it.

Exactly Happened to me just a few minutes ago.
    Played using Dark Seer here. When the game first started, I bought items like usual. But it turned out to be items sticking to my mouse and to the screen.
    Got a Screenshot with my ping on it.
    Please Dota2 developers, fix this annoying Bug.
    Funny Bug.PNG

Basic Member
    same here