Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: will maps like pudge wars, potm wars, axe wars etc be ported as well??

  1. #1
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    93

    will maps like pudge wars, potm wars, axe wars etc be ported as well??

    I know ice frog doesnt own these maps, but they will make a fine edition to the learn tab..

    moreover, at times u need a break from excessive dota and these maps are nice for such period

  2. #2
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    45
    Rather than specific maps, I think they should put in more options for custom game lobbies, such as forcing all mid, disabling jungle creeps, allowing duplicate hero picks, alternate picking mechanics (same for entire team/game, picking for opposing team).

  3. #3
    yea i agree, death match and all those awesome dota1 mods were really fun on days when u didnt want to play normal 5v5. and pudgewars and all those small maps would be a super addition to dota2. I also think that valve should add other maps, or something like that. or perhaps a story mode where u just get extra battle points and stuff like that.

  4. #4
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    182
    will most likely come from the community once dota2 sdk has been released and ingame support has been established

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    care about these shit maps. do you work for valve? i guess you do.

  6. #6
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftOfParadigm View Post
    will most likely come from the community once dota2 sdk has been released and ingame support has been established
    hmm...i guess sdk will be a nice idea but i dont see that coming from valve...any new map or addition will come from valve itself...

    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Boner View Post
    care about these shit maps. do you work for valve? i guess you do.
    1. i dont work for valve.
    2. these maps are not shitty..they are good for a break..mb a game or two in a week

  7. #7
    Basic Member Mcccelvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    192
    http://blog.dota2.com/2010/11/dota-2-qa/

    Q: Will there be anything like the AI maps in DotA or a “training mode” with difficulty levels? (by L.Pham)
    A: Yes there will be bot support if you just want to play by yourself, or you can create a party of friends and fill the rest of the slots with bots. There are a variety of different settings you can use in order to configure the bots, ranging from selectable difficulty levels to specific behaviors that you want to practice against. For example, if you want to practice your lane control, you could configure the bots to be stronger at denying, last hitting, and harassing. We’ll also have some specially crafted challenge scenarios, similar to things like Pudge Wars, which I’ll elaborate on in the future.

    So pretty much YES.

  8. #8
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcccelvs View Post
    http://blog.dota2.com/2010/11/dota-2-qa/

    Q: Will there be anything like the AI maps in DotA or a “training mode” with difficulty levels? (by L.Pham)
    A: Yes there will be bot support if you just want to play by yourself, or you can create a party of friends and fill the rest of the slots with bots. There are a variety of different settings you can use in order to configure the bots, ranging from selectable difficulty levels to specific behaviors that you want to practice against. For example, if you want to practice your lane control, you could configure the bots to be stronger at denying, last hitting, and harassing. We’ll also have some specially crafted challenge scenarios, similar to things like Pudge Wars, which I’ll elaborate on in the future.

    So pretty much YES.
    <3

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcccelvs View Post
    http://blog.dota2.com/2010/11/dota-2-qa/

    Q: Will there be anything like the AI maps in DotA or a “training mode” with difficulty levels? (by L.Pham)
    A: Yes there will be bot support if you just want to play by yourself, or you can create a party of friends and fill the rest of the slots with bots. There are a variety of different settings you can use in order to configure the bots, ranging from selectable difficulty levels to specific behaviors that you want to practice against. For example, if you want to practice your lane control, you could configure the bots to be stronger at denying, last hitting, and harassing. We’ll also have some specially crafted challenge scenarios, similar to things like Pudge Wars, which I’ll elaborate on in the future.

    So pretty much YES.
    sweet. i liked peon wars or something like that, where you had 12 players per map and you would build your peons and attack other player's bases. dont remember what it was called.

    FIX MATCH MAKING SO AT LEAST HALF THE GAMES ARE EVENLY MATCHED
    ADD THE SURRENDER BUTTON SO THE CRUSHED TEAM DOES NOT WASTE >10 MINS AFK AT FOUNTAIN
    ADD SIZE CUSTOMIZATION FOR THE HUD.
    MAKE ALL THE STRANGE MODIFIERS AVAILABLE IN STORE. ALSO ADD A TOOL IN STORE THAT LET YOU MAKE ANY ITEM OF CHOICE INTO STRANGE.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Destructoboy View Post
    sweet. i liked peon wars or something like that, where you had 12 players per map and you would build your peons and attack other player's bases. dont remember what it was called.
    It was called Pimp my Peon

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •