Page 66 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian pings in Dota 2 / Imapct on gameplay

Basic Member
    The date of when I posted said topic doesn't actually mean anything, I'm still powerless in my attempt to edit the title. You really have no clue do you?

Basic Member
    Just wondering where the Australian servers are for Dota 2? Does Valve set them up or do they contact ISP's to set up servers like TF2? Come on now, playing a game like Dota with a ping of 200+ms is not great. Take a look at the activity map, Australia and NZ are always lit up. In any case, Australian servers please.

Valve Developer
    The equipment for our Australian (not Austrian) datacenter has just arrived in Sydney. It will be a few weeks to get this racked and configured. But we should be up and running by January 2013.

Basic Member
    Wooooo! Thanks for the info

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    The equipment for our Australian (not Austrian) datacenter has just arrived in Sydney. It will be a few weeks to get this racked and configured. But we should be up and running by January 2013.
    Mr milton, I love you man (no homo)

Basic Member
    Nice, thanks!

Basic Member
    Oh my god! Sir, you are our saviour. Milton for president.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giblet View Post
    Just wondering where the Australian servers are for Dota 2? Does Valve set them up or do they contact ISP's to set up servers like TF2? Come on now, playing a game like Dota with a ping of 200+ms is not great. Take a look at the activity map, Australia and NZ are always lit up. In any case, Australian servers please.
    I made an account just to say thank you! cheers for the info.

Basic Member
    So happy! Thanks for sending oceanics some love

Basic Member
    great to heart that! Although dont forget about my austrian server :P