Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about dota 2 in windows 7 ( 64 bit )

about dota 2 in windows 7 ( 64 bit )

hello..

i have question when im open dota 2 in windows 7 ( 64 bit )

and see task manager i see dota 2 ( 32 bit )

i see some people talk about crash

i see this game should be 64 bit not 32 bit ... like adobe after effects in CS4 32 bit have big problems and crash to low Processor and adobe see big problem so make only 64 bit not make computer too hot + good Performance

and this game take all power computer this is big problem .. need for speed and other games not take all power computer

and some time i see computer 85C !! and some time he's shut down

don't tell me low effects in game no body love play game with low effects

mb low but not all

=--==-=-

CPU : i7 : 2.00 Ghz with turbo 3.00 << when use turbo computer too hot

GPU : ATI 1 GB GDDR5

RAM : MAX 12 GB

=-=-=-=-

too wrong make this game 32 bit and take high power + mb bug with 64 bit

i don't know but i see computer too hot

Are you serious??? OMG!

Yes they made it for to allow people to play dota 2!!!

First of all a x64 bit OS is more expensive than a normal 32bit.

If i am not wrong the price for windows 7 x64 bit is two times the price of windows 7 x32 bits.

Secondly a 64bit OS can support fine a 32bit application if the code is right without mistakes and short! The bug that you are talking is happen because of old applications that are made for to support only 32 bit systems and not 64 bit and only single core systems!.

A 32bit (x86 system) can support fine multi core applications!!! The main difference between a 32bit and x64bit OS is the RAM.

And smart guy you should buy better cpu cooler ;-)

I have 6 cores and i am fine and you with 4 cores you have problem???

i don't know -.- but ty

Basic Member
    in any case, valve needs to fix the crashing problem.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clud7 View Post
    First of all a x64 bit OS is more expensive than a normal 32bit.
    Any Windows key is valid for the x86 and x64 version of the OS (except for XP, but nobody should be using XP 64-bit anyway).

At any rate, a 64-bit version of Dota 2 would be largely pointless. More bits would not allow it to run any faster, only to address more memory. Programs such as photoshop and after effects need to address huge amounts of memory which is why they come in 64-bit: Dota 2 has no such issue.

Quote Originally Posted by clamburger View Post
    Any Windows key is valid for the x86 and x64 version of the OS (except for XP, but nobody should be using XP 64-bit anyway).

At any rate, a 64-bit version of Dota 2 would be largely pointless. More bits would not allow it to run any faster, only to address more memory. Programs such as photoshop and after effects need to address huge amounts of memory which is why they come in 64-bit: Dota 2 has no such issue.
    When i want to buy windows vista x64 the price was double !

i thinks the game need more fix in Settings video look at hon in Settings video .. but i see it be better in 64bit or what ? if u have computer high !
    and the game not coming in mac os x ? this is other problem !

I just could not resist so i'm posting this :P...
    The difference on the 32/64 bits system is mostly about processing(the size of a packet of data) and moving data(via bus-bus width) in the system...
    Now the 32/64 issue you are discussing here...the game supports a 64 bit machine as well,but it does not have any conflicts with a 32 machine since it does not require data to be 64bits mandatory.Op's concerns are not founded...also. check your cooling if you are overheating...
    A game does consume more power if it is more graphic intensive,it just forces your gpu to "work" harder->cooling system has to "work " harder therefore they will consume more power(but it should not be to much of a difference).Also power is not dependent on the 32/64 thingy.
    Last edited by Martin Andrei; 06-19-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Basic Member
    I bought Win7, I got both 32 & 64 bits version (DVD).

64 bits have 2x more memory allocation than a 32 bits processor. Easy as f*****g a pie.. twice.

FYI, Dota 2 is already LAA'd no need for 64bit version
    I hate people that put their Rig specs in the signature. This is not overclock.net!
    CPU: AMD Trainwrecker AM5+ 12150 hexacontatetra-core 1.65 Thz | RAM: Corsair Revenge 4TB DDR6 (0.24-0.24-0.36) | GPU: Sapphire 9990 128GB GDDR9 Hexa-Fired (0.65/0.95/1.1Thz) | Resolution: @ 20480x12800
    Connection: - Telus: (70MB/10MB)
    All Specs shown in the signature are fictitious, any resemblance to real hardware, current or obsolete, is purely coincidental