Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning : Disconnected from Server No Steam logon

Basic Member
    This issue just happened to me as well, first abandon ever!

Basic Member
    Me too i got this have a abandon i hope it goes back to 0.

My thread http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...427#post270427
    Last edited by xfri; 07-03-2012 at 01:16 AM.

Basic Member
    Thanks to this bug now I am in the low priority pool, just great. My xp multiplier purchase also gone to waste.

I've become a victim of this problem too! now I got 2 accident abandonment games! plus an undisplayed mini-map bugged!

Basic Member
    It's not just dota 2 issue, I play TF2 and have same issue, connect to a server, couple seconds later I got kicked from server, It says I can't connect to VAC server, that never happened before...

Quote Originally Posted by xfri View Post
    Me too i got this have a abandon i hope it goes back to 0.

My thread http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...427#post270427
    All my 6 abandons are because I got some retarded issues with the game since I got a key, literally. Never left a game on purpose. That's just so fucking annoying.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergo View Post
    All my 6 abandons are because I got some retarded issues with the game since I got a key, literally. Never left a game on purpose. That's just so fucking annoying.
    LOL 6 abandons, i play with no exp today with my friends so sad.

Basic Member
    This is happened to me too. I can watch any game just fine till they finished. But when I'm playing, no no no.
    After reading the whole thread for a while, I think the problem will persist if you restart you connection without restarting you computer at all.

Jokingly, this is happened because Summer Sale doesn't get started.

Oh, and about you solution, I don't think that not really helping because I can download any games or updates from Steam just really fine. It's not about network issue. Its on Steam server.

Basic Member
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TEMPORARY SOLUTION - Please report back, in case it solved the issue for you

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    I'm getting Steam Validation Rejected or No Steam Logon often while I'm playing.
    This error can be caused by account sharing. PLEASE DO NOT SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT. Account sharing is not permitted by the Steam Subscriber Agreement. You are responsible for the actions on your account.

If you are not sharing your account and you still receive this message, it indicates that Steam is having issues authenticating your ownership of Dota 2. It typically means that the Steam client is having difficulty connecting to the Steam servers. Please see this article to help identify issues with Steam connections, https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...1456-EUDN-2493 Several users have reported success when changing Steam to use TCP (as described in the linked article).
    does this help any of you?
    Quote Originally Posted by tanikaze View Post
    Switching Steam to TCP rather than UDP might have fixed it for me. I'll report back if the problem comes back again. Weird that it just popped up with this patch, though.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    so sad. i play and dc'ed and dc'ed. now i got my 4th abandon because of steam's server complication. i hope they can remove this abandonment points :C (sorry. now it's my fifth abandonment. that's it. i wont play until this is fixed.} :c
    Last edited by gk.dom; 07-03-2012 at 07:31 AM.