Thread: Uncraftable Items?

Question Uncraftable Items?

I recently received Mask of High Plains.. and when I checked my inventory from tf2outpost... it told me that it was uncraftable... what does that mean? will Dota 2 put metals and stuff to make craftable hats? there's a lot of questions to ask...

here's the picture!

Thanks for reading!
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is how tf2outpost backpack system marks items that were bought from the store and not dropped. There's no difference between those and dropped, at least yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    The sails department is obviously the branch at the Valve office in which GabeN sails his sea of Prophets. Conveniently broken down to five dollar bills for maximum trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by falconD View Post
    This is how tf2outpost backpack system marks items that were bought from the store and not dropped. There's no difference between those and dropped, at least yet.
    good to know

Yeah that seems like misplaced code that's meant for tf2.

I don't know how exactly Valve tags the items bought from the store (whether it really tags them as uncraftable or just store bought which is then interpreted by 3rd party sites as uncraftable), but this tag is really pointless.
    They should just make store bought items have genuine quality and be done with it.
    It would make more sense anyway - store bought items are the way of supporting the game and should be more valuable than the dropped ones.
    Currently it makes no sense that they are less valuable just because they have this tag which is interpreted by 3rd party sites as "uncraftable".
    Also, why should some mythicals received with merchandize be genuine, while the same items bought from the store are "uncraftable"?
    Aren't both the result of actually buying something and supporting Dota?
    CPU: Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD4850 1GB
    RAM: 4GB DDR2 800MHz
    MB: ASUS P5KPL-AM SE
    AV: ESET Smart Security v4.2.35.0