Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and Northern Europe Server Region Now Live!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellon View Post
    1. For every russian feeder or ks`er i can see dozens of EU players who thinks that lina, lesh, necro are sups and wardwhores for them. Or that bh or mort is "fail mid" vs melee.
    2. 2 melee carrys? Thats your problem? ITS PUB, noone cares about your skill or your game plan, everyone picks what they want. Play with a team, if you dont want to have 2 melee carrys on 1 lane or learn to win with them vs other pub pick.
    3. When someone talking on Cyrilic it means, that he is talking with someone in his team, not with you, so why rage? Or you wants to know what they are talking about? Its non of your business. Maybe they are talking about something personal.
    4. "500 million inhabitants?" Rly? 70k online in Dota 2. Or your grandma playing dota too? And i think 20-30% of them are from CIS countries. So its not "your own" server. Anyone can play on it. Or lets make some french, german maybe serbian(Oh, EU but speaks on Cyrillic) servers?
    5. You feel the need to talk ingame? You cant win it without talking or what?
    6. I dont know polish, sweden or german, but i dont rage on them when they are speaking on their own language, they have the right to do it, so as other nations.
    Until there is no gamestats in Dota 2 youll always play with naps, ksers, leavers and many of them will speak Cyrillic, but they are noobs not bcz they dont know english, they are just noobs.
    I was palying HoN for 1.5 year and s2 games made CIS servers. Do you know what have changed? NOTHING. Now its scandinavians on EU who are "tards dat dont want 2 speak english, and dont know how to play" and brasilians on US.
    '
    1 you can actually tell someone from the EU to do something or not do something.
    2 you can actually discuss strategy and picks with someone from EU
    3 players type in cyrillic even when they are the only ones in the game that understands it.
    4 you are playing on our servers on the EU comprised of multiple nations that agreed to speak English commonly between each other.
    5 it's a team game that requires strategy, you trying to point out that it's not needed further emphasizes your disdain for cooperation.
    6 there is no right to speak any language apart from English if you are not a with 5 people. It will always be detrimental to speak non-intelligible languages that are spoken by 4 or less players in a team.

Basic Member
    That is riddiculous. Russians who play on EU servers don't wanna play with russians on russian server :S What's more, they still speak only this rus &#^@$#^ language ;/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtraaf View Post
    '
    1 you can actually tell someone from the EU to do something or not do something.
    2 you can actually discuss strategy and picks with someone from EU
    3 players type in cyrillic even when they are the only ones in the game that understands it.
    4 you are playing on our servers on the EU comprised of multiple nations that agreed to speak English commonly between each other.
    5 it's a team game that requires strategy, you trying to point out that it's not needed further emphasizes your disdain for cooperation.
    6 there is no right to speak any language apart from English if you are not a with 5 people. It will always be detrimental to speak non-intelligible languages that are spoken by 4 or less players in a team.
    The problem is there are no any language restrictions currently.

Basic Member
    This server should actually be named 'Northern Europe' because its location is in north europe sweden/norway, and another servers for russia that are actually in russia
    so for europe we should have [Europe, Northern Europe, Russia] because the 'Russia' servers aren't really in russia.
    Last edited by doter21321; 07-25-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Some stuff Valve needs to do in my opinion (and many others I see)...

At least rename the server. Fucking ridiculous calling it "Russia" when it's in Stockholm.

Stacking Russians with Nordic countries is not a good idea for many reasons. For one, I think at least a lot of Finnish people do have problems with Russians as people due to history and many other reasons. Nordic people just don't get on well with Russians in a place like DotA. Secondly, Nordic countries don't even speak Russian unless they've educated themselves with it, most don't.

Make a new server. The new one has nothing going on with it that would make Russians pick it over the EU server. The latency will be just as big for Russians, whichever server they choose.

Now what Valve could do (although I'm not sure how it would work in practice) is let everyone setup their languages in their DotA profile, and on matchmaking they could check in a field if they wanted to play with only people talking Russian/English/Spanish etc.. The language barrier is just too big a deal in this game, and it sucks if you have to always have a premade team of 5, not all of your friends are bound to be online all the time, and not everyone wants to clutter their steam friends list with 100 DotA players.

Basic Member
    I'm just wondering, Why you, Valve, give a shit about that ?

Please, try to connect to EU server. It will be a miracle if u find all players speaking english and not spamming all the time in russian lg. And to all Russians for god sake. We have nothing against you, a lot of you are really awesome players and someday I wish I had such dota skills as you, however a lot of your country mates simply SPOIL THE GAMES. If you play on European server, u need to know several rules. EU server is located in Europe. The rule is that in Europe, English language is the international language. Not russian. You know why ? Because u don't even belong to European Union. Your part of the country is only a small piece in Europe. Spanish people, Portugese, French, German, Polish, Czech etc. You know what they have in common ? THEY CAN SPEAK ENGLISH. I'm not saying that everbody needs to know english perfectly. But you do not know even basic words. You are rude and impolite. When I politely ask to speak english when somebody wants something from me, the only word I see and can understand is "cyka". Oh sorry, when I say again english please, they use English, saying "noob". This is not about country, this is not about race, this is about communication ! DOTA is a game where communication is a must, it's a pure teamplay game. How can we communicate with u when u only say "cyka" etc. Believe me I'm neither racist nor xenophobe, I've worked in US several summers, I've met a lot of Russians and Ukrainians. Wonderful people and we sometimes write to eachother.

The funny thing is also when I met some russians and I ask them why they don't play on their own server. They say "noobs there". Sure, perhaps they want a higher level, I don't mind. But 10 sec later they again start speaking russian saying something to me.

only ping <50 ms will pull back us from EU servers
    so now u know what to say to Valve to solve the problem.
    Last edited by russia_nekto; 07-29-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=100722 Who want play under Valve Stop Game Aura?

Basic Member
    The fact that they've not forced russians onto the server means they'll just continue to play on EU server and be arrogant arseholes - there's nothing RACIST about it, every game I've play with them, they refuse to speak english other than "fuck you" and "noob" then just selfishly ruin games with awful picks and by making it impossible to farm.

Force RU region players onto RU which the option to choose, otherwise you're gonna see a lot of people stop playing...

Off to the US servers I got cos I'm sick of ruined games by these dickhead cyrrilic typing motherfuckers ;/

Banned
    3 games in a row, i queue with a friend and TEAMED UP WITH 3 RUSSIANS ON EU SERVERS.
    Seriously it doesnt even matter how good you play, it is just about who has more russians.
    I know there is a few good russian people out there and I feel sorry for them. But most of them is utter trash.
    There HAS to be a region lock or no russian game mode.

Basic Member
    I (well, everybody) still get exactly the same amount of russians in EU games NO - MATTER - WHAT.

It comes really easy to say racism when you are at the very other side of the world and you don't have to deal with them 22/7 ;D