Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and Northern Europe Server Region Now Live!

Basic Member
    there is no need to separate the russians from matchmaking. just add an option "Only queue with players from the same language territory." or something like this. should solve the problem without discriminating against anyone.

edit: if this means i would have to wait for a game 5-10 minutes, so be it.
    Last edited by corruptas; 08-15-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by corruptas View Post
    there is no need to separate the russians from matchmaking. just add an option "Only queue with players from the same language territory." or something like this. should solve the problem without discriminating against anyone.

edit: if this means i would have to wait for a game 5-10 minutes, so be it.
    I'd gladly queue for 30-40 minutes if it meant I'd only play with people who actually speak understandable english and do not explodes over nothing, plays the game like a singleplayer game etc etc etc etc etc...

Basic Member
    Remove russians from EU servers. They are brainless morons. They can't even speak english, the only thing I see on chat is a cyrylic bullshit. They are picking carries when u already got one, they ruin games everyday for everyone. They can't even buy a courier or a single stack of wards. It's just annoying, I can't play normally with decent players because of them.

Basic Member
    addin in to say i support the removal of people that can't speak english and act like animals from my queue, waiting 5 mins more isn't a problem since I am going to waste 30-40 mins babysitting a primitive person otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Gangy View Post
    cut
    ths guy speaks the truth
    Last edited by peacefrog; 09-08-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Degen View Post
    So it's nothing new then... the EU <number> channels were always spammed with cyrillic letters anyway. But I agree with your post, I hope Valve changes this.
    I love it how Kids think Cyrillic alphabet isnt part of Eu... Just to let you know there are country's in the continent EUROPE that use this alphabet and all so its an Official alphabet of the European Union like Latin and Greek ...
    Channels are European so any European language is as good as any other ... In game communication is a different story since English has become a universal language ... I am all up for more servers i am Bulgarian and i
    would like to see a BG server all so .. Since not all people speak English it would be nice to have a server where you can speak your native language ... And i don't see a problem if you are from Mars or w/e as long as you can communicate with your team on the same language that they use ...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    I love it how Kids think Cyrillic alphabet isnt part of Eu... Just to let you know there are country's in the continent EUROPE that use this alphabet and all so its an Official alphabet of the European Union like Latin and Greek ...
    Channels are European so any European language is as good as any other ... In game communication is a different story since English has become a universal language ... I am all up for more servers i am Bulgarian and i
    would like to see a BG server all so .. Since not all people speak English it would be nice to have a server where you can speak your native language ... And i don't see a problem if you are from Mars or w/e as long as you can communicate with your team on the same language that they use ...
    Culturally and behaviorally speaking west europe is more near to the states than to east europe.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    Yes yes this would be all well and good if it wasnt for the fact that all people withing thousands of kilometres writes using the latin alphabet. I am from Norway and I do not count the russians living in Kola etc. because they are all hillbillies/smugglers anyways. Really.

Basic Member
    Any valve response about russians being a problem for the game?

Basic Member
    Everyone who's usually getting 3-8 russians in a EU game is probably sitting at 300 or less wins. More playing, less crying.

Inb4: hau can ai win with dem russians? -If you are a good player, there are only 4/5 russians in your team vs. 5 enemy russians ==> more chances of winning!

Regional lock? Yeah, and sell those locked to garena, like s2 did for one of their games. What for, to stop former *shooter players* or *other-dota-like-game-for-kids players* from crying? Who's fine with the game will remain good. Who likes to be more a forum guy will be there anyway and find something another to discuss.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    Everyone who's usually getting 3-8 russians in a EU game is probably sitting at 300 or less wins. More playing, less crying.

Inb4: hau can ai win with dem russians? -If you are a good player, there are only 4/5 russians in your team vs. 5 enemy russians ==> more chances of winning!

Regional lock? Yeah, and sell those locked to garena, like s2 did for one of their games. What for, to stop former *shooter players* or *other-dota-like-game-for-kids players* from crying? Who's fine with the game will remain good. Who likes to be more a forum guy will be there anyway and find something another to discuss.

I am sorry but I don't consider fun to slowly grind out of the russian zone (considering I believe they are too much to be completely ignored even at higher elo). They are a problem and the only reason they swam other servers It's because they despite the same of their kind. Valve should force the russian server on them or take the risk to stop non-russians players growth, many people I introduced to dota2 abandoned it in a moment of rage because they had to babysit for 40 min russian people that refused to speak a single word and it the end throwed the game for the rest of the team.

>If you are a good player, there are only 4/5 russians in your team vs. 5 enemy russians ==> more chances of winning!

What about the polite and well educated non good players? Should we ruin their experience of dota 2 because of stupid people?