Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commendation recommendation

I see how the commendation thread is exploited and that needs to be reworked. The advantage of commendations should be that they put people into a better more pro-social group and possibly reinforce positive behavior in the less polite people. The reason why the commendations should be announced (preferably to the person only) is that it would encourage appropriate behavior as soon as it happened. For instance, I try to be polite in most of my games but I have been an Asshole at times. I don't know when people said I was friendly. I would support the idea of reporting people who abuse the commendation system. Possibly providing an invisible flag which would reduce the value on all their commendations. I also think the commendations could be limited to about 1-3 per day. If people saw them as a more precious commodity they wouldn't be so quick to change them. I like the idea of this because playing with nice people and losing is a lot better than playing with either smug or jerks and winning.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWerewolf View Post
    Yes, the commendation system needs a rework. You should only be able to commend and report players in the game and not commend random people in chat room. An idea would be for commendations is to decrease how much item costs in the dota 2 store depending on how much commendations you received or increase drop rate of items or level up faster.
    No Fucking Way. i will have my 4 mates comend me so ill get free items...wtf are you talking about..and then ill get other 4 mates after em another for and ill doing it forever

Quote Originally Posted by 102andahalf View Post
    At the end of each game a commendation screen should pop up for all players, and that should be the only moment you could commend people
    I would like to see this implemented. +1

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 102andahalf View Post
    At the end of each game a commendation screen should pop up for all players, and that should be the only moment you could commend people
    This. In addition, all commendations should be reset before this.