Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Make People able to Subscribe to Each Other

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Make People able to Subscribe to Each Other

People always wanted to follow Pro matches, but without adding them to friendlist, it's rather hard to follow them (or "stalk").

there's a friendlist limit on each player's account, so we cant have the pros adding all the people to their friendlist.

therefore, I borrowed the idea from social network's celeberity pages, that we could simply subscribe to pro players, and watch them playing public games.

the pro player has the right to decide whether or not he wants to broadcasting his play right now.

And we should build a database about the pro players, so people can find out pro's most successful heroes and their most successful roles.

what's a better way to improve yourself than watching the pros play?

oh, and this feature doesn't have to be free.

oh, and this feature doesn't have to be free.
    Actually that's genius, if I could subscribe to my favorite pros and have a chunk of that money go to the player I'd be much more inclined to do it.

I've been wanting to "follow" Sing from Mousesports even while he isn't streaming for quite some time. I tried adding him but "no go". A feature like this would solve the issue and widen up the "improving skill" chances for everyone.

Daily PC gaming news (RPS): http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/

Basic Member
    That's pretty damn cool being able to follow pro games in their pub matches even if there was no commentary it would be pretty useful. Pro player gets money, Valve gets money, we get knowledge I like this feature.

Basic Member
    Great idea, please consider it Valve. Even without the money thing it would be awesome.

Basic Member
    This idea is fucking awesome 10/10, gj Gukle. Great way to boost some more income to pro players.

Basic Member
    The Badassery is strong with this idea.

Since I proposed a somehow similar idea to this one a few months ago, I wholeheartly agree to this one. Always fun to watch Dendi play on pubs
    (as one of comments from that thread - 'It's a stalker's dream')

Basic Member
    I like the part with paying to the players, but then again it would totally ruin streaming sites, and I don't think that Valve wants to do that. Then again, there are some variations of this idea that will be useful and harmful for every side.

Basic Member
    Excellent idea, I fully support this.
    In response to the previously posted statement that this will hurt streaming sites, consider that the Defense ingame also hurts streaming sites, but there are still huge numbers of people watching online rather than ingame because (a) you don't need dota 2 installed and (b) it's free.