Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show HP numbers on enemy heroes

Banned

Show HP numbers on enemy heroes

This is one of the must have features on dota 2 game that has been missing ever since. Having health number being showed overhead enemy heroes is very critical, it shows the user the number of HP opponent heroes got and it gives them a great tool to let the player know if they cast certain abilities would the hero die or would it be waste and opponent gets away.
    for example, it has happend many times where sniper ulti goes to waste by not knowing the exact opponents HP number and ulting the opponent and the opponent having to get away with 10 HP. This goes for also zeus ulti, bounty hunter Shuriken Toss skill and so many other heroes. Having this feature is critical and i hope to see it being added to the game.

Yeah, nah, you can as well add interface addons and autocast macrosses for everything, then.
    Don't dumb down the game, it's not hard to click over all heroes manually to see their hp.
    Also I think it was one of the forbidden threads here, re read the sickies.
    Last edited by Rajhin; 07-15-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Banned
    Also i am aware you can also click on the enemies to see their HP but that would take sometimes and sometimes result in a death having the HP number just displaying is for the best.

I don't see how it's for the best.
    Displaying enemy cooldowns of spells and in-game gold/exp statistic and removing denies would bump the "quality of life" as well making it cozy little game, but it lowers the player base skill.
    Maybe you should try out LOL, we don't need the second one.

While you are at it I can answer you with authority of moderators:
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=9856
    There was already big discussion about merely enemy mana bars and it was declined, you pretty much raise the same question, but even more game changing.
    Last edited by Rajhin; 07-15-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Banned
    Maybe you should try LOL. if you are not supportive of the idea you may leave im not here to argue with basic members from Russia. i still think showing HP bars on enemy heroes is for the best and it will enhance the quality of gameplay within every level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajhin View Post
    I don't see how it's for the best.
    Displaying enemy cooldowns of spells and in-game gold/exp statistic and removing denies would bump the "quality of life" as well making it cozy little game, but it lowers the player base skill.
    Maybe you should try out LOL, we don't need the second one.

While you are at it I can answer you with authority of moderators:
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=9856
    There was already big discussion about merely enemy mana bars and it was declined, you pretty much raise the same question, but even more game changing.

Banned
    Although I don't disagree with the OP's suggestion, I honestly prefer that instinctive approach with the health bars and their segmentation. I don't know, it feels more exciting to not know exactly what happens, but instead just feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by mayheamk View Post
    This is one of the must have features on dota 2 game that has been missing ever since. Having health number being showed overhead enemy heroes is very critical, it shows the user the number of HP opponent heroes got and it gives them a great tool to let the player know if they cast certain abilities would the hero die or would it be waste and opponent gets away.
    for example, it has happend many times where sniper ulti goes to waste by not knowing the exact opponents HP number and ulting the opponent and the opponent having to get away with 10 HP. This goes for also zeus ulti, bounty hunter Shuriken Toss skill and so many other heroes. Having this feature is critical and i hope to see it being added to the game.
    no, this is not a must...

is just a suggestion

and sorry but I don't like it

the game doesn't need to become easier

Banned
    it doesnt make the game easier it makes the game more accurate and calculated for any player in any level skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhad View Post
    no, this is not a must...

is just a suggestion

and sorry but I don't like it

the game doesn't need to become easier

Nah man it's better to have it represent the number of hits needed to kill the target.
    Welcome to Left 4 Portal Strike of the Fortress 2: Episode 3.

Axe would be amused by this suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by mayheamk View Post
    it doesnt make the game easier it makes the game more accurate and calculated for any player in any level skill.
    Accurate - maybe. Calculated - no, imo just the opposite. There is some kind of big satisfaction when you manage to kill enemies with Culling Blade/Sunstrike/Powershot without knowing the actual HP amount of the enemy. It` similar to playing tennis outdoors - what you suggest is like giving tennis players a wind power and direction indicator. In other words - lowering skill requirement.
    Last edited by Keowee; 07-15-2012 at 11:00 PM.